Chapter 2

As the final bell ring, everyone rushes towards the door. I, on the hand, have no reason to rush. I wasn't expecting anyone to be home anyways. I didn't have friends who would be waiting. I actually enjoy being at school. Since I'm always the straight A student, teachers are the only people who care about me. Especially Linda Lavelle, the librarian.

Linda was a friend of my grandmother. Her best friend to be exact. When my grandmother was still alive, Linda would occasionally come over to have lunch or tea with us. Now that my grandmother has passed away, Linda still comes over, but less frequent. Never the less, she is probably the only person who actually knows of my home life and cares for me, like my grandmother would.

When I reached my locker, I put on my jacket and mittens, then placing my books into my bag. I swung my locker door shut and started walking down the deserted halls, towards the library.

Nearing the library doors, I spot Nathan and Erica talking to each other. By the smiles on their face, whatever they were saying must have been good.

I quickly walk into the library door and tried forgetting about Nathan before I start having memories of him.

I spot Linda by the Animal section.

"Hey Linda," I said to her.

"Hello Katie! How we're classes?" She asked, while turning towards me with a big smile.

The thing I loved the most about Linda is her personality. She's such a bubbly, cheery and positive person. Whenever I'm having bad day,she always cheers me up. She's been here for me since I've met her.

"They were alright. Same things as usually," I said while sliding down next to her.

"Well, at least I know you're doing well in school. You're mother and grandmother would be very proud."

Another thing I loved about Linda was, she was my mothers godmother. I loved how she would occasionally tell me a story about my mom or anything that relates to her. I miss my mon a lot.

"Sorry Katie, but I can't drive you back home tonight because of a staff meeting. But go and grab my keys and drive yourself home and just bring back the keys for me tomorrow morning," said Linda.

"Oh it's alright then, I can walk home. I don't want you to waste money taking a taxi," I told her as I got up and started getting ready to leave.

"Non sense. Take my keys. Remember, Andrew works here now, so he's going to be staying late for the staff meeting as well. Take my keys and leave before it starts getting dark."

Andrew is Linda's oldest grandson. His younger brother, Jason is the same age as me, but goes to a different school. We used to talk, but not as much since high school began.

"Oh, I keep forgetting Andrew works here now. Wow, I feel so dumb. He was even my PhyEd. teacher last year. Well, I'll go get your keys and start leaving. Bye Linda," I said as I made my way to her purse.

"Bye Katie! Don't drive too fast and be safe!"

"I will!" I yelled back at Linda as I grabbed the keys and made my way out if the library.

Once I got out of the school, I noticed how empty it looked except for a few cars that belonged to the teachers. As I started walking towards Linda's car, I hear a door open and close. I turn around to see Nathan walk out of the school with hands in his pocket.

I sigh, and tried to forget about him.

"He isn't worth it," I told myself.

I hoped into Linda's car and drive away.