The Ryan's

Payton Ryan is a 17 year old from Atherton, California.

Payton Ryan attended the finest private school in her city, Sacred Heart School.

Payton Ryan would take summer vacation trips to the Hamptons with her mother, Cheryl Ryan.

Payton Ryan was known as the beautiful girl with the model figure, blue eyes and button nose.

Payton Ryan was known for her 4.0 GPA.

Payton Ryan was getting ready to start her senior year of high school.

Payton Ryan was not allowed to have a boyfriend, her mother made sure of that.

Payton Ryan listened to everything her mother said, afraid to disappoint her. Her mother had enough of that in her life already.

Payton Ryan, while not wanting to disappoint her mother, still wanted to live a normal teenager life, which she had not been able to do.

Cheryl Ryan was in her 60's. She had Payton later in life. Payton was her only child with her now ex-husband, Jeremy Ryan.

Cheryl Ryan wanted only the best for her daughter. The best clothing items, the best accessories, the best school, the best well groomed friends, the best vacations, the best car, the best life. She wanted everything she didn't have growing up.

Cheryl Ryan seemed to love her daughter and although wanting the best for her is what most people would see; Payton knew her mother was only trying to live vicariously through her.

You see, Cheryl Ryan is a recently divorced woman.

Jeremy Ryan, Payton's father, is one of the wealthiest men in Atherton, California. He met Cheryl when they were in their mid twenties and it was love at first site. Until Cheryl was 45 years old and had a very unexpected pregnancy which resulted in Payton. Fret not, Jeremy loved Payton to the end of the earth, she was just unexpected, but one of the best unexpected surprises ever.

It wasn't until Payton was a few months old, that Cheryl turned into one of the most overbearing wives ever. Suddenly feeling like a frumpy housewife, with her baby weight not leaving her mid-section, Cheryl decided to take up aerobics. She met her handsome aerobics instructor and had an affair. When Jeremy found out, he was quick to divorce her. Jeremy was a smart man, but not smart enough to get a prenup. Cheryl walked away with far more than she deserved, this left Payton in the middle of a messy divorce and custody agreements.

You see, Jeremy still lives in Atherton, but he is now recently married to a very nice woman, Rose. Rose is a school teacher, and everything that Cheryl use to be.

Cheryl didn't handle the divorce well. She turned to plastic surgery, injections, lipo, you name it and she did it. She was nipped and tucked more than a turkey on Thanksgiving. She was hoping to win Jeremy back, but he was content with his new life.

Payton became a pawn to her mother. Cheryl would use Payton to play mind games with Jeremy, saying that he won't get his turn with her on Christmas if he didn't give her more money, usually using Payton to get what she wanted from Jeremy.

Payton knew this was what her mother was doing, but she also knew that her mother had an evil side to her and to not cross it. She felt resented by her mother most of the time. She's been on the receiving end of her slaps two times for talking back, and she didn't want to make it a third time.

Her mother was not a happy person, she has never known her to be happy. Jeremy has told Payton stories of how great her mother was before Payton was born, and she was sure that she had ruined her mothers life.

Payton wanted nothing but to impress her parents. That may be getting the best grades, winning at any sports even she would partake in, or any endeavor she tried to take on.