Johnny and Dora (Brooklyn Nine Nine AU)

"This perp has been roaming around the whole of New York, who has been leading a huge drug racket, especially among the younger people. He's been smuggling drugs into the city and also has mafia associations." Holt stated at today's briefing session in the briefing room.

"Wow that's a real dope case. This perp has serious issues. Can I have this case?" Jake piped in excitedly.

"Peralta, you are already having three cases in your hand. I am not going to give you this case. Uh detective Holland and detective (L/N)? I'm assigning this case to the both of you." 

"Alright captain! / Sure, Cap!" You and Tom simultaneously replied to Holt.

"Well that's settled. You may come to any one of us in case you need some minor assistance. You both will be undercover tomorrow for the drugs deal to be happening. I'll give you the details necessary. Alright everyone, back to your work!" With that, the meeting ended.

While Tom went to Holt's office to get all the details of the case, Jake approached you in the briefing room when everyone else had left.

"Wow, you and Tom on a case together? Maybe we will finally have something spicy happening between you too." He nudged you cheekily in your shoulder, making you blush.

"Yeah right, like he feels the same about me. He'll never see me as more than a friend."

"Oh (y/n), my sweet sweet friend since police academy, I know you really well. You are an awesome girl and if he doesn't see you that way, it's his loss! But I see the way he looks at you, so that's no problem at all." 

"You really think so?"

"Come on, the whole squad, even captain sees it, except for you two. Heck Hitchcock and Scully see it too!"

"Alright I'll take your word for it. I'll find out when we go undercover or maybe later. This better not bite me in the ass!" You whispered to him.

"'Better not bite me in the ass' name of your sex tape, but you'll thank me later, title of my sex tape!" He playfully teased you, reassuring you at the same time.

You rolled your eyes at his playfulness, and exited the briefing room to go back to your desk, where Tom was waiting for you.

"Oh hey, was wondering where you were. Holt has given us the details of the deal happening tomorrow."

"Oh great. Jake wanted to talk about something in the briefing room. So, where are we headed tomorrow?"

"So the perp Ronald Trevor's is doing a deal tomorrow with the Mafia leader. He will be getting a package at a restaurant called Glimpses. So we are going undercover as a newly married couple."

"Oh ok. Cool. Then uh, tomorrow when we meet, we'll discuss our backstories and we'll arrange for backup as well."

"Cool."

----

You were sitting in the van along with Tom, Rosa and Charles, waiting for your perp to arrive at the restaurant. You had decided to bring along Rosa and Charles, so that they could guide you when needed and spot anything suspicious on the street.

After sometime, you spotted your perp going into the restaurant with who seemed to be his girlfriend. That was your and Tom's cue to go in.

As you entered the restaurant, you saw a long line behind the counter, which you now realised was the reservation counter. Of course, a posh restaurant like this, you have to make a reservation long before.

"Now what do we do? I'm sure this place is packed!" Tom whispered impatiently in your ear.

"Follow my lead." You whispered back, and taking his arm in yours, you put on a big smile and approached the lady at the reservation counter.