Bumped

Oversleeping on a day when you decided to study for your finals starting next week was not a good idea at all. You were rushing around in your room, cleaning up all of your mess around your roommate had left, before grabbing all your books and running to the cafe near your uni for a study session.

Walking with an extremely fast pace and your eyes glued to the ground, you did not notice someone walking in your direction. This caused the both of you to crash into each other, both falling down on the ground, with your books scattered around in the ground.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I wasn't even looking!" You apologized to the person in front of you. It was Tom, you realized, mentally facepalming yourself. Why did you have to hit him?

"It's alright, I should've watched." He said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"No it's my fault, I was in such a hurry." You cut him off. Both of you bent down at the same time, you to pick up your books, and he to help you with it.

As the both of you grabbed the same book, you accidentally held each other's hands, which caused the both of you to look at each other in the eyes.

Woah, she's pretty, he thought.

He's so cute! Your mind said.

Hastingly, he helped you up. "Here," he said, handing over your book.

"Thanks," you said shyly, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear.

"Are you hurt?"

"No, I'm totally fine."

"I'm Tom, by the way."

"I'm (y/n). Nice to bump into you, Tom."

"Hey, I was wondering if...if..uhh...you wanted to hang out sometime? Like a-a date, only if you want though, I don't want to pressure you or anything-" he rambled, his cheeks turning red.

"Yes, Tom. I would love to go on a date with you." You said, blushing hard.

"Ooh, okay, then how about this Friday, if it's okay?"

"I have exams next week, but I could text you."

The both of you exchanged phone numbers. You gave a sweet kiss to his cheek.

"Bye, Tom. Call me later."

"By-bye." He said, as you went into the cafe, his fingers brushed over his cheek, where you had just kissed him, feeling a tingling sensation. He smiled sheepishly, thinking about your soon-to-have date.

The end