Chapter 1

—————
THIRD PERSON'S POV-
—————

"Cadets! Gather round" the captain if the ship, Arthur Pendragon gathered his new cadets to the stern of the ship.

Amongst these cadets wishing to one day beck be true adventurers of their own was Tristan liones, who had now rounded 15 years.
Tristan was one of the first ones to come as the captain called. It was their first day on his ship and to not get thrown off they had to be steadfast and follow orders.

"I am Arthur Pendragon. I'm not as harsh as I look but you will be well mannered in my presence, therefor you will call me "sir" or "captain" wether you chose to put my last name behind those are your choice to make. Now...onto more pressing matters. On this ship you will work as a sailor, you won't be treated as the kids you are, you can expect bruises, blisters and seasickness on a daily basis. If you throw up do it over the side of the ship, if not you'll mop it up yourself.
While you'll be treated as I sailor you won't be treated as I high rank one so no you can't steer the ship. You will share a cabin with other other cadets, you do not pick, I do. Here and now"

That was when the fear really set in. They had gotten used to blisters, bruising and a messed up sleeping schedule while training for this, but if you shared a cabin with someone you didn't like, or someone who didn't like you it would truly be a nightmare.

"Hector, Brunor, and Bors"

"Galahad, Bedivere, and Degore"

Gawain, Lancelot and....Tristan"

Tristan felt a shiver rub down his spine.
'Why did he hesitate?! Does he dislike me already?! I'm deaaaaddddd!' Tristan thought internally while he held it well together on the outside.

"Sorry Percival you're the odds one out, you'll be sharing a cabin with a sailor" Arthur said.
He immediately saw signs of jealousy amongst the other cadets, they probably thought he would get more knowledge by being close to a real sailor.
"I take it you've heard of my brother. He's quite famous...his name is Kay" the jealousy immediately disappeared, as did the color from Percival's face.

Kay was famous yes, but for all the wrong reasons.
He was the half brother of Arthur, who was currently the best sailor in the country, which made Kay prone to jealous rages and violence. Nobody would hire him after one particular stunt he pulled. But out of the kindness of his heart Arthur did.

"Now, we leave in 2 hours so go say your goodbyes to family" Arthur said and pointed to the docks where family to the cadets had gathered to get the chance to say proper goodbye before they set sail.

Tristan managed to quickly scan the crowd, searching for that one thing that would make her stand out...
'There!'
The silver hair belonging to his mother.

"Mom! Mom!" Tristan called and ran to his mother where he was immediately enveloped in a hug.

"Tristan, I am so proud of you..." Elizabeth said softly, almost as if she was about to break out into tears.

"Thank you mom...thank you..." Tristan mumbled as he snuggled into his mother's warm embrace.
But for just one second he lifted his head to see who was standing behind them.
"Hm?" He hummed, obviously confused about something.
They just seemed so familiar...

Elizabeth grew curious to what had grabbed her sons attention.
And when Elizabeth turned around to look she was genuinely surprised at who she saw standing there.
"Elaine?! Is that really you?"

The lady in question stopped wiping dirt off of her sons face to look. She gasped and smiled brightly!
"Elizabeth! I cast believe it!"

The two women then embraced and find each other that they had missed them.
"Oh my, Tristan, look how you've grown! Lancelot, do you remember him?" The woman now identified as Elaine focused her attention to Tristan, and at the name Lancelot Tristan turned his face to the cleanly cut blonde with piercing red eyes and a scar on the right side of his head.