Decisions

You know how you have those memories that don't exactly seem real more as they seem like a dream that you have remembered for all these years. That's what my parents divorce was like to me. I can't remember exactly why it happened or how it happened, I just remember a lot of arguing and one day my dad coming to me in my room and telling me he was going away for a little while. After that moment I hadn't seen him again.
The call my mom had received was him trying to make up for that I think. He had wanted me to move with him to South Carolina. He said he had a good life for us set up and that he felt awful for never coming back to see me. It's a hard decision to make but at the same time it's not. I understand that he had to get away but how can I just leave my mom like that after all these years.
I went up to my room to try to clear my head and give the situation some thought.

"Hey em-j"

"Sorry but I don't even know you or where the hell you live or what your last name is even. So could you please just leave me alone."

"Oh um I'm sorry. Did I do something wrong?-j"

I couldn't take anymore stress right now. James seems like a great guy but I don't want to deal with this right now.
I went back down stairs. My mom was sitting on the couch drinking a Chai Tea Latte. I remember seeing her drink this right after dad left. She only drank them when she was scared or sad. I walked over to her and curled up next to her.
"I'm not going to leave you mom."
We layer there together until we fell asleep. Around midnight I woke up to see I had a message on my phone.
"By the way, I live in South Carolina and my last name is Baugh-j"