To Scream in Vain part 2

"Is this one of your other underground clubs I didn't know about?" I jokingly asked Mick as I hung on tight to his arm. He was leading us to this bridge that over looked a canal . It was absolutely stunning but I had no clue why he brought me here.

"Baby it's absolutely beautiful ." I looked over to see him leaning on the rail saddened a bit. Immediately I rubbed his back to comfort him.

He chuckled a bit trying to hold back tears. "Funny how you said the same thing she did the first time I brought her here. Then it's like this place lost its beauty after-"

"After what?" I asked him concerned.

He took a long pause "Before you Lori there was Angel and even before Angel there was Bri. Bri was my girlfriend for a year and she was so into the photography. She had a passion for it, much like you. I contemplated using her as my model because work and love don't mix well with me. It was going great for a couple of months until she started getting recognized and she just couldn't keep up with the popularity. 3 years ago she took her life on the bridge and I swore to never get my relationships involved in my work. Until..."

At this point I was tearing up. "Until what?"

Mick turned to face me with tears in his eyes as well

Mick turned to face me with tears in his eyes as well. I couldn't imagine how this felt for him. "Until I met you."

I hugged him as tight as I possibly could. I never wanted to let go of him. A lot of things made sense to me now and I felt so closer to him.

"Mick words can't describe how much I adore you. And I assure you I'm not going anywhere, Okay!?" I held his soft face in my hands to show how serious I was.

His face was so pure I could look at it forever. I felt the stress he had been storing in him release into my hands. He finally looked at peace.

"Just promise me that if it ever becomes too much for you to handle Lori, Just tell me and I'll fix it in a heartbeat." He kissed my forehead and I nodded.

As we walked back home I could notice the other people walking on the narrow street with only a couple street lights on. One guy in particular walked the opposite side of the street from us and he looked like the same guy that warned me about Mick. Was I crazy or was this Person following us.

______________
P.S thank you all sm for the love and support you've given this story so far! Love you all stay safe!💗