三 t h r e e 三

▪︎ detective au, part the first ▪︎

; recluse eli
; mr inference naib
; boudoir dream emma
; lady thirteen michiko
; flying guillotine fwj and xba
; sparrow norton

; in this detective au there's naibeli if you squint, theyre basically like a married couple but /p with an adopted child (emma)

💫

Hastur watched his beloved from afar. He had made the personal choice not to appear the the Eli of each lifetime until he deemed that the current Eli was ready to meet him. This was the first time of Eli's rebirth.

Yidhra was much more powerful than the host had made her out to be, and she had cast a reincarnation spell on everyone before the final matches, although she admitted that it was rather rushed and she had no idea who would reincarnate when.

This time, Eli had reincarnated along with Naib, Emma, Norton, Michiko, the Wu Chang brothers, and a few others.

“Emma.” Eli tapped on the sleeping girl’s shoulder. He knew she was tired from working the case last night, but Naib had told him to wake her up anyway as it was her fault for staying up despite Eli warning her about being tired. 

“School is more important than this. She needs to take this course to be able to be a legal private detective like us.” Naib had said. 

Emma always complained that she could always support them from the background - her speciality was forensic sciences after all - but Naib had rejected that idea. To be honest, Eli agreed with Emma, but he wasn’t going to voice it out since he cared about Emma’s education as well.

Emma was a strange girl - but they loved her all the same. They’d picked her up from a case about an unresolved house fire that had orphaned her and the orphanage she was sent to conducting human experiments on her and the other children. However, that didn’t stop her from being a good detective, her potential vast.

“Five more minutes, Mr Clark…” Emma groaned, but Eli kept tapping away until Emma heaved a very loud sigh, throwing the blanket off of her and rolling out of bed. Smiling, Eli nodded in approval and left Emma’s room to let her get ready.

Walking back outside, he saw Naib setting up the table, going over to help. 

“Breakfast is done. Bacon and eggs.”
“Again?”
“You banned me from making toast.”
“You tried to take the bread out of the toaster with a fork, Naib.”
“Pancakes.”
“You flipped the pancakes onto the floor consecutively, and that was if you didn’t somehow make the pan overflow with batter.”
“Porridge.”
“You put too much water in and we had to drink rice soup that day.”

“Fine, you win.” Naib sighed as they finished serving the food and laying out cutlery just in time for Emma to enter with a sleepy smile. “Smells good.” she complimented, taking a seat, the two men following.

When Emma finished, Eli stood to walk with her to the door to see her off, Naib already said his ‘I love you’s and goodbyes, going over case files in the study. As Emma was about to walk out the door, she paused, turning back to look at Eli.

“Is something wrong, Emma?” Eli asked in concern. “Mr Clark, will you and Mr Subedar please stay safe?” Emma asked, emerald eyes boring into Eli, who despite being blind, could feel her intense gaze.