Chapter 1: Beginning of the End

Video that inspired me to write this at 12 am: https://youtu.be/ZRvDbhKsfCM

Also up there ^^^^

Please watch the video if you are able to. Now, I hope you enjoy my first Gravity Falls reader insert. :) 

Yes, I did listen to the song in the video on repeat while writing this, hush.

~~~

Next Stop: Gravity Falls

(Y/n) sighs and leans against the window of the bus. She was ready to get off the bus she is on the moment she had sat down. She looks out the window and watches as pine trees and other types of trees pass by. 

That should mean I'm almost there... Right?

As (Y/n) finishes that thought she notices her reflection in the window. Her hair seems to be a little messier than usual, so she tries smoothing it with her hands. After a few minutes of struggling with one strand of hair that seemed that it wasn't cooperating on purpose, she feels the bus's momentum slowing down. 

(Y/n) sits up straight, her (e/c) eyes twinkling as hope rushes over her. She almost squeals with joy when she sees the small bus stop sign. 

As the bus slows to a stop, (Y/n) rushes to gather up her things. She picks up her backpack and her suitcase, then she quickly leaps out the seat and rushes to the front of the bus.

"Finally!" she says in a loud, breathy tone as she hops off the bus and slings her backpack on. She stretches, reaching her arms up to the sky, then watches as the bus leaves. She brushes a strand of hair out of her face then assesses her surroundings. There were no other passengers on the bus when she got off, and there were no passengers getting on, either. The small path that she assumes leads to town is barren. She grabs the handle of her rolling suitcase and begins her trek to the town. 

(Y/n) had never been to Gravity Falls before, but she has an aunt that lives here. Her parents decided to send her off here for the summer, saying that it would be good for her to get some "fresh country air". Her family lives in a city in another state, but when her aunt sent a letter suggesting that (Y/n) should come visit her sometime during the summer, her parents took the message as an opportunity to get rid of her for the entire summer. Not that she minded, though. She loved the idea of a new adventure with new people. Maybe she could finally find some friends. 

As (Y/n) walks down the overgrown path through the forest, she notices a building out of the corner of her eye. She stops and turns to try and get a better view of the building. It seems to still be in use, the large letters above the building spelling out "Mystery Hack." (Y/n) hums with curiosity, pulling out a small journal from her backpack and making a note in it to come back and explore it further. She then replaces the notebook in her backpack and continues on her walk, worrying that she may be lost.

She finally reaches town shortly after her encounter with the mysterious building. She lets out a sigh of relief at the sight of buildings and other people. She pulls out her journal, flipping through the worn pages and finding the directions to her aunt's house. She assumes that her aunt forgot about her arrival, her aunt being an easily distracted and forgetful woman. Or at least that's what (Y/n)'s mother told her. She follows the directions, making her way through the small, quaint town. As she walks through the town, she makes notes in her journal of all the interesting places she wants to explore later. She writes down the diner, the large mansion, the tent, and what seems to be a house next to a graveyard. She smiles at the sight of her aunt's house. She recognizes it from the pictures she had seen in her family's old photographs. 

Her mother and her aunt had grown up in this town. Her mother had moved away to become a somewhat successful businesswoman, and her aunt had recently moved back into the house after her grandparents passed away. (Y/n) had never met her grandparents, so she didn't feel too sad about their passing.