𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓸𝓷𝓮: 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓽𝓮 𝓼𝓾𝓲𝓽

Mina sat alone, the bench empty as she looked in the small mirror that she had taken out of her Gucci purse. Tonight was her night.

She took one last glance at her eyeshadow and applied some extra pink lip gloss, and then put her things back into her dark pink bag and left the bench.

The streets weren't too busy, and the red evening sky shone down on her face. Her black and white dress had a tint of pink because of the sunset, and she smiled as she noticed.

She strutted down the street, her dark brown hair being lightly blown by the wind. Already she could see the club at the end of the road, with the lights on and music booming. Confidence pumped through her veins as she approached the small queue outside of the club, and she waited so that she could show her ID and get inside the exciting place.

The security guard gave her a quick glare, but he let her in after she showed her ID. This was a problem that she had with having a young-looking face, no one thought she was 18. Continuing into the club, the music got louder and she felt as if her heart was beating in time to the music, her body feeling energised by the atmosphere.

Mina quickly made her way to the bar, sitting down and smiling politely to the bartender. She ordered her drink, a fancy cocktail with only a small amount of alcohol in it. She didn't want to get drunk straight away.

Once she ordered her drink, her eyes scanned the people around her until she spotted someone waving at her from amongst the crowd that had gathered on the dance floor.

"Lisa!" She cried happily over the booming bass, waving in return as her friend came over and sat next to her.

"Hey, how have you been?" Lisa asked as she tucked a stray blonde hair behind her ear.

"I've been great! I'm not looking forward to tomorrow, though," Mina sighed, sounding awkward as she mentioned the last part.

"Oh why not? It will be great, I promise. I bet there's so many cool people at that college."

Mina nodded, her worries forgotten as the bartender gave her the drink she had ordered. She thanked him politely, taking a sip and smiling with delight.

"Is that good?" Lisa asked, as her eyes scanned the selection of drinks behind the bar. Mina nodded, placing her glass on the bar surface.

"It is, you should try it too." So Lisa ordered the same drink, and the girls enjoyed their drinks together.

(Small time skip)

The girls finished their first (and second) drinks, then Lisa dragged Mina onto the dance floor.

"Come on, it'll be fun!" Lisa grinned, her voice loud even though the music should seem loud in comparison. Mina gave in, laughing as she was pulled between bodies in the packed dance floor.

She danced with Lisa for a while, the other girl being a talented dancer which made Mina almost feel bad about herself. Mina enjoyed herself nonetheless, and Lisa decided to go back to the bar to get drinks. Mina shouted her order so that Lisa heard, and then she was left to her own devices in the middle of the crowd.

Mina was still having fun, until she felt a pair of hands on her waist, she turned around to see a man at least double her age, grinning at her as he moved his hands towards her butt. She frowned, wanting to slap his hands away but he caught her hand, an angry expression.

"Don't cause a scene," he threatened through gritted teeth, "Or you'll regret it."

He grabbed her roughly by the wrist, and she followed him in a stunned state. He dragged Mina towards one of the private booths, and she frantically glanced around but Lisa was nowhere to be seen.

Then, she heard a male's voice which did not belong to the man holding her wrist.

"Excuse me sir, but she doesn't look too comfortable there."

Both Mina and the man turned around quickly to see a man in a white suit, reaching out to grab the older man by his wrist.

Oh, how the tables have turned.

The man held tighter onto Mina's wrist, and she gasped in horror. She glanced up at the handsome man and hoped that the look in her eyes showed how much she wanted help.

"Let go of her, or it will be security who is telling you," the man said, a sympathetic look in his eyes as he looked at Mina. Rolling his eyes, the older men let go. At that moment, a security guard showed up and he grabbed the older man by his shoulder, asking him to leave the club.

The man in the white suit asked Mina if she was okay, but she was in a daze as she watched the man be forcefully escorted out of the club.

She could have been raped. Or worse, she could have been killed.

But thanks to this man, she turned out fine.

This man, who was waving his hand in front of her to get her attention.

"Ms, let me call you a taxi to take you home. It's not safe for you to be out when you are this drunk," He said, carefully placing his hand on her back to lead her out of the club. He took out his phone and called for a taxi, and by the end of the call they were out of the club.

The street was still not empty, as the main streets of Seoul were always busy.

They waited in silence as the taxi arrived, and she was still going over the events in her head. That could have gone so wrong.

She watched as the taxi arrived, sitting on the sidewalk as the handsome man stood next to her. He helped her up ("I'm not that drunk," she insisted, but he helped anyway), and she told her address to the driver.

The taxi began to drive, and she leaned back against the seat as the energy seeped out of her. Then she realised,

she forgot to say thank you.