𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮: 𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓬𝓱

Hesitating, Mina stood up and slowly approached Jeongguk's table. She was half way there as she looked back at Yeji, who smiled and waved at her. As she got closer, the people on tables nearby quietened down, making Mina's palms feel sweaty and her face warm with embarrassment. 

"Hi…" she began, hearing her heart racing in her chest, "I don't know if you remember me from yesterday, but I wanted to say thank you." 

Jeongguk didn't look up from his bowl of cafeteria noodles, but instead his short friend paid attention to her. 

"I think you've got the wrong guy, love. Unless he's gone soft for an annoying new girl," he spat, raising an eyebrow as Mina didn't leave like he probably expected her to. 

"Jeongguk-oppa, I just wanted to say thank you. I think you near enough saved my life," Mina continued, waiting for Jeongguk's attention. "Don't you remember helping me Jeongguk?" She was getting impatient as he continued to ignore her, but he finally looked up with a cold glare in his eyes. 

"No, because I wouldn't help anyone," Jeongguk replied, and the short one nodded with a sly smile on his face. 

"Exactly, so back off. We don't have time for people like you," the shorter one said, and Mina finally gave up. 

She sighed as she got back to her table with Yeji, and the entire cafeteria felt tense. 

"What's their deal," Mina complained, finishing off the last of her coffee and standing up to put the empty paper cup in the bin. Yeji left her tray as she stood up and followed Mina, seemingly unbothered by the situation. 

"He did speak to you though. That's special treatment," Yeji said, but Mina shook her head as they both left the cafeteria. 

"Only because I was bothering him. He just wanted me to leave. Why is he acting like yesterday didn't even happen?" 

"Maybe it didn't," Yeji shrugged, and Mina stood puzzled in the corridor. 

(Time skip) 

When Mina reached her apartment, she could already hear the loud music, a song called Boom Boom by Momoland blasting from the other side of the door. 

When she opened the door, she saw Jackson lay across the sofa, grinning as if he was waiting for her to get back. 

"How was your first day, Mina?" Jackson asked, and Mina closed the door and walked straight past him. 

"It was fine," she answered, heading into the kitchen to grab a snack, since she hadn't eaten at lunch. 

She yelped suddenly, stepping back as none other than Mark Lee, Jackson's boyfriend, stood in the kitchen, stirring a pot on the stove. 

"Mark, what are you doing here?" she asked, startled by his sudden appearance. He shrugged, smiling as he put the wooden spoon down and leaned against the kitchen counter. 

"I'm making dinner, honey, what did you expect?" Mark answered, a genuine smile lighting up his face. She nodded in acknowledgement, deciding she would just wait until Mark finished making dinner rather than have a snack. Mina went back into the living room, telling Jackson to move so that she could sit down. 

"Scoot," she said, shooing Jackson as if he was a cat. He rolled his eyes and moved, leaving space for Mina to sit down. She slumped onto the sofa, sighing loudly. 

"You know, the weirdest thing happened today," she said, and suddenly Jackson was interested. 

"Really? Tell me the tea," Jackson grinned. 

(Time skip) 

After Mina explained the whole story, with Mark coming in halfway through to give them a bowl of food each. He sat down with them, holding his own bowl in his hands. 

"And you're sure it was him?" Jackson asked, intrigued. 

"Of course it was him, I recognised his face," Mina said. 

Jackson shook his head as he ate some of the noodles, reaching over to pat Mark's head as if to tell him that he'd done well with the food. 

"But what if you didn't actually know what he looked like? You were drunk last night," Jackson pointed out. 

Mina disagreed quickly, knowing what she saw. "I wasn't that drunk last night, oppa." 

"Whatever," Jackson laughed, and Mina shot a glare at him. 

(Time skip) 

Later that night, she decided to look him up. 

Mina opened the lid of the laptop and turned it on, looking around to make sure neither Jackson or Mark were around. She was pretty sure they were just making out in Jackson's room anyway. 

She turned it on and typed in her password, then she went on the internet and accessed Instagram. 

As she did this, she felt like she was doing something weird. Does this count as stalking? What if someone from her classes finds out? Then she would get teased and judged when she barely even started school there. 

Despite this, she proceeded to type 'Jeon Jeongguk' into the search bar on Instagram. One result matched perfectly, so she clicked on it.