DANIEL RICCIARDO | 41 & 42

prompt/s :
41. "You deserve better."
42. "I can see right through you."

Y/N's p.o.v

It was one of those race weekends again where Daniel would practice and qualify well, yet the car would fail again.

The toll it was taking on him was excruciating, I could see how angry and frustrated he was, yet, I could not help him one single bit.

I had learnt from the first time not to go after him as soon as his car screwed up, as all I would be faced with was the door.

I understood his frustration, and being the caring person I was I just wanted to help.

Standing in the Renault garage with Michael, Daniel's trainer, we both watched on in anticipation at how the car would pull up.

"Come on, come on..." I muttered under my breath as I held my hands up to my mouth, eyes intently watching the screen in front of myself and Michael that held a permanent view of Dan.

The car had held up pretty well so far into the race and Daniel had been excited to be here in Russia. I turned to Michael "It's holding up well so far." I hesitantly spoke before Michael responded just as lowly, "All we can do is hope Y/N, all we can do is hope."

I nodded along and looked back up too the screen just as Daniel begun his way into the pits. I heard through my headset that they were going to retire his car.

Michael and I looked at each-other with a defeated look, the thoughts running through my mind were 'Not again'.

We watched his pit-crew roll his car into the garage, I could see parts of his helmet meaning he was still in the car. Many people looked on with defeated looks, though they all still had hope in Nico.

I pulled my headset off of my head and held it in my hand as I watched Daniel stand up and out of the car, his body language showed it all.

His shoulders were slouched and he looked down as he pulled his gloves off and took off his neck support. I turned to Michael "I'm going to go for a walk... let him cool down." I motioned with my head to Daniel as Michael nodded.

"I'll see you later." Leaning up and pecking his cheek goodbye before I turned and left the garage, walking off to the Renault hospitality area and sitting in a chair to watch the rest of the Russian Grand Prix.

*

The race had ended and I stood up walking back over too the Renault garage to see many people still in there, packing things up and doing some stat work.

Looking around I couldn't see Daniel. Turning around I began my way over too his drivers room, knocking and waiting for an answer.

A few seconds later Daniel appeared in the doorframe, an expressionless face, though a small smile on his lips when he seen it was me.

"Hey babe." he muttered moving aside and allowing me to walk in, where I sat on his couch, leaving enough room for him, before he come and sat beside me.

Staying quiet, my eyes looked over his features as I felt sadness run through me. He sighed and ran a hand through his curls before resting his other on my legs, a reassuring squeeze before his eyes met mins.

"Dan..." I whispered, resting a hand on top of his with sad eyes. He shifted his body to face me "How are you feeling?" I reluctantly asked.

He bit his lip as his eyes roamed around the room, looking as if he were finding the words to say "Like shit, like my chances of winning a world championship are slipping away." he replied causing myself to frown.

I felt tears brim at my eyes as I looked at him, a sniffle causing Daniel to look at me quickly. "Hey, hey Y/N it's ok why are you crying?" He asked as he brought his hands up to rest on my neck softly.

I pursed my lips as the tears were falling like raindrops on a stormy day. "It just..." I started looking down, "It breaks my heart to see you like this Dan. You aren't happy, though you act like you are with your gorgeous smile," this made Daniel smile with a light chuckle "I can see right through you."

Daniel leaned forward as he wiped my falling tears, a smile on his lips. "Y/N babe, I'm happy because of you. You always put a smile on my face because of how much you care for me."

I smiled and leaned forward, my eyes fluttering shut as I pecked his lips a few times. "I'll be fine Y/N, with you, mum, dad, Michelle and Michael by my side, I'll get through this... We will get through this." He spoke, his honey eyes never leaving mine.

I nodded, pushing some fallen hair behind my ear "I just want to see you getting what you deserve Dan, you deserve better." I whispered lifting my hand and running it through his damp curls.

He smiled as his eyes scanned my face "It'll come, my time will come." I nodded "You really deserve it Daniel, you do."

Daniel smiled wider "I love you, and I love how supportive you are." I let out a wet laugh as I sniffed "Look at me, 3 years ago I never would have watched this sport, now you've made me into a F1 monster!"

Daniel laughed, throwing his head back, and his adam's apple bobbed in his throat. I laughed along, as my tears began to dry and now our moods were better.

"Come on, lets go home babe." Daniel stood up, extending his hand for me to take. I slipped my hand into his, intwining our fingers with a smile.

First imagine done! Just a little thing I thought about the other day, please leave your thoughts and don't forget to like! <3