Chapter 19 - Killer

I tighten my arms around Cupcake as we kiss, keeping her small body pressed into mine. She's mine. Now and always and I'll never let her go.

Never.

"I love you Killian." She breathes out after we pull away.

"Does that mean you'll be mine?" I question, trying my hardest to not let the fear I'm feeling rule me.

"Yes. Yes. YES!" She exclaims happily, wrapping her small arms around my neck, burying her face in the crook of it.

I let out a breath of relief. She wants to be mine. She really does!

"Mine. Only mine. Forever." I murmur possessively into her shoulder, squeezing her with all my might.

"Yours." She whispers, still holding onto me.

We stay like this for a while, just soaking up the feeling of each other. I don't have the heart or will to let her go, so I simply carry her back to the common room. It's already dinnertime and I can hear my little Cupcake's stomach rumbling. She still hasn't eaten.

I take her to her favorite booth in the corner then sit down, positioning my Cupcake in my lap. She's not leaving my arms anytime soon, that's for sure.

I gesture at Jinx to bring us dinner right when Wrench walks in. I scowl at the blood on him and gently turn Cupcake's head away from the view. My scowl deepens when I realize he's heading towards me.

"Hey brother. You got a moment?" He sits in front of me and my girl, getting a startled gasp from her when she sees the state he's in.

I glance unsurely at my Cupcake. I'm not sure I want her to hear this, but I can't let her go. "What is it?"

"Someone came to the shop earlier. They were looking for your girl."

"Who was it?" I question.

"They didn't introduce themselves, but they said they were looking for a girl called Katherine. I knew it was our Katherine when they showed me her picture." My whole body turns rigid at this.

"Do you know why were they looking for her?" I growl, already feeling the impending wave of anxiety coming. My chest constricts in fear at the thought of having my Cupcake taken away from me.

"I don't, which is why I took the liberty to take this." He pulls out his phone from his pocket and lays it on the table. "When they weren't looking, I jacked their car and took this from one of their wallets and got a picture. Katherine, do you recognize this man?" He pushes the phone to us.

Cupcake slowly reaches out for it, but not before giving me a scared glance. She shakily turns the device over and gasps in fear when she sees the name on it. She throws the thing away like it's burning then turns in my lap, grasping onto me with pure desperation. "It's Bernard. It's him!" She cries out in despair, clutching onto my neck.

"Who's Bernard?" "Are you sure?" Wrench and I ask at the same time.

My heart swells when Cupcake addresses me first. "I'm sure. I could never forget his face."

"Wait, I'm not getting something. Who's Bernard? This thing says Trevor Whitley." He takes the card and reads it again.

"Bernard is the name of Katherine's stepfather. And her mother's dealer." I give him the short version of what Cupcake told us in church.

"Holy shit." Wrench runs his hand through his hair in frustration. "Someone's gotta fill me in, I don't know shit." He chuckles, shaking his head. I only nod at him, too concerned about Cupcake to explain it all to him now. She's shaking and her breath is too short and shallow.