Chapter 21 - Katherine

I wake up with a groan, feeling my tired muscles protest at any movement I make. I think I overworked myself yesterday.

With a heavy sigh, I slowly sit up on the bed, not missing how cold Killian's side of the bed is. He must've left a while ago...

Killian's been barely here for the last weeks, mostly because Tank gave him some work for the club. It's not connected to Gloria or Bernard, since Killian said they haven't been spotted again since Bernard came to Wrench's car shop, but I'm still worried about my man.

He's been barely sleeping lately. And when he does, it's not the peaceful sleep he should be getting.

He's struggling with something. Whenever he comes to bed, he immediately pulls me to him in a tight embrace, not even giving me a chance to move. After the incident with Ben, he got so much more... possessive that it almost scares me.

Almost.

I don't mind having Killian with me at all times; it's actually quite endearing to see a man of his posture so cuddly and affectionate.

The only thing I'd like more is him taking care of himself. He's beyond tired, I can clearly see it in the dark shadows under his eyes, in the amount of coffee he drinks, in his slightly irritable mood. My cranky baby.

As much as I don't like having Killian so overworked, I know the reason behind it.

Tank and Treasure's wedding is in two days, right on Christmas Day. And there's still some threat that lurks in the shadows. I can clearly see Tank's frustration whenever he's around; he looks paranoid and beyond stressed. I heard from Killian that there's some trouble with an enemy club, but he can't really tell me the details, since it's club business. Only after I've officially become his Old Lady I will be allowed to know what's going on, if it's not too serious of course. Though Tank insists that women shouldn't really get involved in club's stuff.

He got a really bad berating from Treasure for that. I've never seen Tank so scared and pleading. I think Treasure even threw him out of their house, since he slept at the clubhouse that night. Though I have a feeling he'd never admit that.

I started to see Treasure in a completely different light after that. She's not this... weak woman that hides behind her man I thought her to be. She's the Prez Lady. She's a young woman that has the weight of the club on her shoulders, along with the baby that's on its way. She's really strong to be able to handle everything. The pregnancy, the wedding, the club...

I would never be able to do that.

After a while of pondering over everything in bed, I decide it's time to get some food in my stomach and talk to Mag about the final touches for the wedding. Apparently, her idea is to make the wedding look Hollywood-style. The guys will be in their cuts, obviously, but the girls will be wearing rich ball gowns, which were expensive to say the least. Luckily, when we went to buy the dresses, I managed to find one pretty quickly. I don't really like walking around shops. I never liked spending a lot of money on myself, having been forced to save as much as I could, but I have to admit, it was really nice to have a girls' day with the women and just let go of all the stressful stuff.

But walking around the mall for over seven hours really put a strain on my legs. I'm beyond sore today.

Maybe a hot bath will help.

With slow careful steps, I walk to the adjoined bathroom, filling up the tub while I brush my teeth and try to tame my wild hair. I wish there was a mirror in here, it's not exactly easy to check how I look without it. I wonder why didn't Killian put one up.