Chapter 23 - Katherine

I quickly take my bag and put on my Vans then almost run out of the room, looking forward to going shopping with Lia and Mag. Lia planned a surprise for Treasure and she asked if I could go with her. I honestly didn't expect her to include me in her plans, but she only shrugged it off like it's nothing.

Neither Mag nor I know what the surprise is, but Lia does. How the hell does she do all this and keep it a secret? I heard about some stuff about her and the more I get to know her, the more impressed I am. She's so... different.

"Ready, girl?" Mag grins at me in the hallway, linking our arms before we head downstairs.

We go to one of the trucks in the lot, where Lia is already waiting, twirling a set of keys on her finger casually.

When Lia notices us, she grins at us then gets in the driver's seat. Mag goes to the passenger seat and I settle for the back.

"So where we going hon?" Mag asks as Lia pulls out of the parking lot.

"Des Moines. I have a little something there for Tank and Squirrel." Lia replies, not really telling us anything.

"What little something?" Mag pries with a smirk.

"Okay, this has to stay between us. – Lia sternly says, getting nods from both me and Mag – I got custom made leather vest and jacket for Peanut." I almost coo at this. She's so thoughtful!

"Aww, that's so sweet!" Mag actually gushes.

Lia only giggles. "Little peanut will be a biker kid, I thought it would be cute to make him look the part."

"How are you so sure it's a he?" I ask curiously, getting a smug smile in response.

"Tank told me. He texted me right after Squirrel's check-up and bragged about having a son. Of course, Squirrel has no idea that I know and decided to reveal the sex at the party after the wedding. That's when I'm going to give them the gift." She explains shortly.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"Why do you call the baby 'peanut'?" I implore curiously.

"Because Michelle is Squirrel. – she chuckles in amusement – Actually, now that I think about it, if you and Killer have a kid, I'll probably call it 'Butter'. For one, you're Cupcake. Aaand... if you have a girl and she gets with Peanut, they could be a Peanut-Butter couple, and they could name their kid Jelly. Then their family could be this cute Peanut Butter and Jelly family!" She laughs, sending me into a fully blown-out giggling fit. Oh my god, that's so weird! How does she come up with ideas like that?!

I'm literally crying from laughing too much, but I can hear I'm not the only one. "You have one strange mind, honey." Mag giggles.

Lia only shrugs, like usual, but the smile from her face doesn't disappear.

Then her words register in my mind. She's implying I'm going to have a kid with Killian! Oh boy, oh boy!

I mean, I'd love to, but I'm not ready to take that step with him yet. There's still this nagging thought at the back of my head that I'm not good enough for Killian, that at some point he will realize I'm not worth it and leave me.

The more Killian assures me of his feelings, the smaller that dark part of me is, but whenever I see other women look at him and trying to take him away from me, I come to the scary realization that what I can offer to Killian might be not enough and he'll find someone else.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I hear Mag's worried voice and that's when I realize I have tears streaming down my face.

"It's nothing." I shake my head, but I can already tell neither Lia nor Mag are convinced.