Chapter 33 - Katherine

I'm on pins and needles as Wolf drives to the clubhouse, anxious about what I'm going to find there. I don't know what state Killian is in, I don't know what to expect.

Is Killian alright? Is he better? Is he still... upset?

"Don't worry too much, Katherine. Killer won't hurt you again, I'm sure of it." Wolf tries to reassure me, but I'm too shaken up to take his words seriously.

"How do you know?" I ask him unsurely.

"I know my brother. I can tell for sure that he'll be heartbroken when he finds out what he's done to you." My brows furrow as I think about Wolf's words. Will Killian really feel bad about that?

Wolf parks the car in front of the clubhouse then comes to my side, opening the door for me. "Come on Kathie, you can't just avoid this..." He sighs when I make no move to get out.

Deciding it's time to finally face my issues, I jump out of the car and reluctantly follow Wolf inside the building, getting hit with a wave of memories of me and Killian spending time here. It's been only a week, but I've still missed him terribly. My mind kept replaying our happy moments and it's been torture to stay away. I would dream of all the time spent with Killian, and then it would turn to the moment when he pushed me away. Every morning I would wake up in cold sweat, clutching onto my plastered arm in pain as the sound of my bone breaking tormented me.

As I walk into the common room, I glance warily at everyone inside, trying to see their reactions. Surely they don't want me here anymore...

Wolf grabs my wrist gently and leads me to Killian's room, ignoring my pleas to not take me there. It's not that I don't want to see Killian, but I'm just afraid of doing so. I don't know what I'm going to find.

Once we reach the door to Killian's room, Wolf opens it for me and wordlessly pushes me inside, quickly closing the door behind me.

The sight in front of me makes my eyes widen in pure shock. There are flowers everywhere. And right in the middle of the room there's none other than Killian, kneeling on the floor with a huge bouquet of red roses in his hands.

My legs refuse to work as I stand stunned by the door, just staring wide-eyed at my man. He isn't yours anymore, Kathie, get your shit together.

"Cupcake..." The sound of him calling me that after so long breaks the dam and I end up crying right in front of him. I hide my face with my free hand and just sob pathetically, having no idea where this overwhelming feeling comes from.

I hear Killian get up from the floor and come up to me, tenderly taking my hand off my face before he wipes my tears with the pads of his thumbs. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Cupcake!" He falls to his knees before me with his arms around my waist as he buries his face in my stomach. "Please forgive me! I never meant to hurt you. I never wanted to cause you pain. Please, don't leave me. Please! I can't live without you. I'm nothing without you by my side! I can't bear to lose you! I love you! Please give me a chance!" He begs, clutching tightly onto my body.

My throat tightens and chest constricts at the sight of a man as powerful as Killian being reduced to tears because of me. I put my arms around his head and hug him with all my might, not even concerned about the cast on my forearm.

"I love you too. – I sob – I love you so much, Killian!" My sweet man looks up at me with pure, unadulterated desperation that tugs at my heartstrings. "But you hurt me. You pushed me away."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. – he wails into my stomach, trembling terribly – I never wanted to hurt you! Never! Please believe me! I can't lose you!"