Chapter 35 - Killer

She forgave me. She really forgave me.

But it doesn't mean I can take her for granted. I need to make sure she trusts me again.

I lie on my side, facing my little Cupcake as I gently trace my finger over her dainty face. After our passionate love-making last night my girl fell asleep right away. But I just couldn't bring myself to close my eyes. I didn't want to wake up and find Cupcake gone. I had to reassure myself she'll still be here with me.

My fingers trail over my girl's soft skin, drawing unintelligible patters over her exposed neck and shoulder. Cupcake is wearing nothing but one of my shirts and since it's so big on her, it always manages to slide off her shoulder, leaving her skin bare for my touch.

I smile adoringly at my girl as the sunlight peeks through the curtains, creating a glow that makes her even more beautiful. From where I'm looking at her, she's an angel.

My angel.

Cupcake stirs sleepily, throwing her plastered arm over my waist as she snuggles into my bare chest. I don't care that she just hit me with her cast. She can fucking beat me up as much as she wants. I deserve it.

I'm not worthy of her forgiveness, of having her here with me. But I'll try to be. I'll do whatever it takes to prove to her that she didn't make the wrong choice by coming back to me. Whatever it takes.

It's barely dawn, but I know Cupcake will most likely wake up soon. It's a habit she has because of her stepfather. I want to pummel the fucker's face into the ground for hurting my girl. He had no right to put his hands on her. The only consolation I got was that he never raped her. But the emotional scars remained.

"I don't deserve you... But I'll try to." I whisper quietly, leaning down to press a soft kiss to Cupcake's head.

She snuggles even more into my chest, mumbling something in her sleep. I keep stroking her head gently, just watching her silently.

Cupcake wakes up few hours later. She yawns cutely before blushing when she notices me staring at her. "How long were you watching me?"

"All night. – I tell her honestly – I just couldn't believe you're still here after what I did..." I sigh sadly, feeling the weight of my actions crush my heart like a boulder.

"Don't blame yourself, Killian. I told you I understand. – Cupcake murmurs quietly, tracing her plastered arm over my bare ribs – I'm just sad that something so terrible happened to you, but I won't hold it over your head."

"How are you real? I've never met anyone so... selfless." I kiss her forehead, crushing her to my chest as we lie in our bed.

"Most people call it being a pushover." She sighs, frowning dejectedly.

"Most people don't know what they're talking about. You're not a pushover, you're just kind." I assure her as I brush her hair away from her face, loving the feel of her silky tresses between my fingers.

"You really think that?"

"Of course. I've hurt you, even broke your arm, and yet here you are, with me, in our bed. You forgave me even though I didn't deserve it."

"Don't say that. You deserve the world, Killy Bear. And I want to give it you, if you allow me." I can't help but smile adoringly at the tiny girl in my arms. I just want to protect her from the world.

"You don't have to. – I whisper lovingly – Because you are my world. I know I have no right to keep you with me after what I've done, but I can't let you go. I will do whatever it takes to gain your forgiveness and trust."