Chapter 41 - Katherine

Once again, the ladies got drunk. Why is it that every time we have a girls' night they have to get so wasted? Oh boy, oh boy...

"Crazy, huh?" Lia plops down beside me on the couch with a tired sigh, sipping on her wine casually.

"Yeah. But I'm almost used to it. – I chuckle – It's fun to watch them."

"Only watch? How about joining them?" Lia teases.

"No, thank you. I'm not a fan of dancing on the bar." I giggle, glancing pointedly at Anna and Maggie twirling happily on the bar top. It's really amusing to see two oldest ladies so carefree. They may be older in bodies, but they're still young in minds and they're not afraid to show it.

"Mags! Get down!" I turn to Lia in shock at her sudden seriousness.

"Lilli? What is it?" Maggie clearly notices the change in Lia's behavior, quickly turning down the music and jumping off the bar, pulling Anna with her.

"I heard something. – Lia gets up from the couch and stands in front of the door, glaring at it angrily – Everyone, get behind the bar." She orders, pulling out a gun from her waistband. She had a gun on her this whole time?!

"Lia?" Treasure implores worriedly, stepping closer to her friend.

"Don't argue with me and get behind the bar, Goldie! – Lia snarls furiously – You have a kid to think about so do as I say." She says sternly, not taking her eyes off the door. "Maggie? You have your gun?"

"Of course I do."

"Get ready. We have guests."

Treasure seems to realize that something's wrong and quickly pulls me with her behind the bar, where I help her sit on the ground beside Anna. From our spot we can see the whole room through the mirrors in the corner. Maggie crouches beside me with her gun ready as Lia stands beside the door, waiting for god-knows-what.

Just when I'm about to ask what's going on, the door bursts open and a huge man barges in, pointing his gun right at the bar.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are!" He sings with a malicious smirk, not even noticing Lia standing right behind him. I catch her grin evilly as she quietly approaches him.

With unbelievably quick moves, she disarms the guy, throwing his gun away, before grabbing his arm and hitting his elbow, making a sickening crunch resound through the room. Then, before the guy can even react, she jumps on him, wrapping her legs around his neck, and with shocking strength flips over, throwing the guy over her body onto the floor. She keeps him locked with her legs and punches his face over and over again until he finally passes out. Wow! She defeated him in barely a minute! Holy shit, who is she?!

"Is there anything to tie him up with?"

"I'll see if I can find something. – Maggie gets up from her position beside me before turning to us – Stay here. We don't know if he's alone." Treasure, Anna and I nod in agreement and watch her and Lia deal with the unconscious guy.

Lia quickly pulls off her belt and tightens it around the man's arms behind his back before helping Maggie drag him out of the room. "Lock the door and don't let anyone in. We have to see if there's anyone else with him." The young girl orders hurriedly then runs out of the room, closing the door behind her.

I get up from my spot behind the bar and run to the door, pressing my ear against it to hear what's going on outside. The sound of sudden gunshot makes me flinch, but I stay pressed against the door anyway, needing to know what's going on.