2

"Siddharth", the name left my mouth as I stood in the doorway.

He was right there, on the stairs talking to some decorators.My eyes welled up looking at him, he was dressed in a simple white sherwani which outlined his body. Oh how I miss running my hands all over that.

Maybe I wasn't ready for this. But then if I don't go inside now and face my biggest fear I'll never be ready. I bit my tongue,while my legs wobbled. I can do this, I kept on repeating to myself over and over again. I can face my past.

The fact that he was my past itself, depressed me. There was a time when I thought he would be my past, my present, my future, my everything.

Now thinking of that, makes me feel utterly stupid 

I went in with my suitcase, smiling at relatives that walked by. Some stared at me blankly knowing I was his ex wife and some smiled.

The worst thing that could happen, was Siddharth looking at me. I couldn't stop staring at him and the way his jaws would crease everytime he'd smile and the sound of his chuckle. His voice, that would send sparks down my veins.

"Roshni", I heard a bubbly voice behind me.

"Kritika!", I pulled her into a hug  as I turned around.

"I'm so glad you came, I wasn't sure when I send out the invite. You have no idea how happy this makes me feel".

Her face was glowing just like every bride, I reminsced to when I got married. I was grinning like a fool, throughout the whole day. The teasing,the blushing, the secret phone calls from Siddharth.

I smiled at the memories.

"I'm glad you're getting married Kritika. I'm so happy for you".

"Thanks, come let me show you your room", she dragged me along with her.

That would mean I'd have to pass by Siddharth on the stairs. The last time I talked to him, was forever ago. We were eating breakfast and he couldn't stop kissing me repeatedly. I was so close to staying at home just to be with him.

Little did I know, that would be the last time I'd see him.

I tried to walk with my head held high, the only way I'd be able to let go is if I act like I'm free now. I have no vulnerability or feelings for him left. But just thinking of it made my heart ache.

As I set foot on the stairs, I could feel his deep brown eyes turning on me. It sent shivers throughout my body, why does it have to be so hard? I didn't dare to look at him back, I knew if I did I wouldn't be able to stop.

Inside,I was feeling this pit, this hatred that was beginning to build inside me. How could he be so happy after breaking my heart? After ruining my life?

I stranded up the stairs and laughed at what Kritika was saying to me, as I reached beside him, my hands brushed off against his. I swear I felt his finger pressing on my knuckles for a short second.

I closed my eyes in despair, I missed his touch. But there was no going back now. His gaze was still stuck on me like.a pair of burning desires. Maybe I was imagining things, but I felt the shock on his face when he saw me.