3

I stood there glaring at him, while I popped the question, "why did you leave me Siddharth".

He looked dumbfounded, as if I just told him to choose between life and death. Right now, my emotions were whirling all over the place. I had just broken down in front of him. The worst thing was, he tried to comfort me but why?

I needed these answers, I didn't want to make myself be vulnerable again. There was something about his pleading eyes, that shocked me to the core. I wanted to believe him, I want to hug him and let him touch me. 

"I can't explain", he turned around suddenly.

I witnessed him sighing in despair, continuously as tears started to fall down his cheeks. Those tears still ripped my heart open. My doubts had gotten higher now, there was something missing.

My legs found themselves moving up to him and placing my hands on his shoulder."Please tell me", I practically begged.

I was even more suprised when he turned around to face me, his face was red laced with anger and grief st the same time.

"Roshni", my name came out in a soft tone.

"Siddharth".

He stared at me for a while and I desired to wipe off his tears so badly, my own tears had been falling uncontrollably for the past ten minutes.

I couldn't digest what had just happened, there's something I needed to know, something he wasn't telling me.

That belief that I once had on our love rised up again. Our love was still alive, just not being fulfilled.

I thought back to all our moments, I should've known there was something more when he left me those divorce papers without a good bye. Right now, I was bewildered what to think. To be honest I was scared if I let him in , he would break my heart. But I had to know.

"All these years I thought you betrayed me, that you married me just to use me. I spent these years crying, being angry, being frustrated with both you and myself. Trying to figure out what I did wrong. But now that I look at you Siddharth, something tells me none of this is the reason. Please Siddharth if there's any chance, we can be together again you have to tell me"

Damn, he appeared to be so helpless. It wrecked my head and my heart. By now even my mind was back to rooting for us. For our love. Things had escalated so quickly. I couldn't deny the fact that I was still angry he broke my heart without a care, but maybe he had a reason.

"Just remember one thing", he held my hands.

"What".

There was silence for one minute, before he moved on. "All the moments we have spent together, everything that I've ever told you, none of it was fake. But you deserve better Roshni".

My other hand reached out to his face, that was wet from tears. Oh God, please stop crying I found myself saying.

"How can you say that?".

And with me touching his face and saying those lines, he left...he just left. Just like before, without answering my questions leaving me clueless he once again left.What the hell was happening. Was this a dream?