Meeting The Team

4 months have passed. Both sides had bloodshed after bloodshed. After losing members and thousands of soldiers rapidly, both sides came to an understanding and decided to form a temporary alliance.

In a forest, just near the new mountain base Najenda assigned the team to, Najenda was smoking a cigarette and leaning against a tree while she was waiting for Budo, Esdeath, and her team to show up. Through the trees, they came out one by one.

Najenda: So you actually did show up.

Budo: We had a little encounter with Syura's goons on the way here. That's what caused this little delay.

Esdeath: They weren't strong enough for a morning workout.

Najenda: Uh-huh. Well, now that we're all here let's make a move on to the base.

She leads them through the forest and when they reach the clearing, Najenda gestures up as they see a base inside of a cliff.

Najenda: it's funny. When Stylish attacked us, he completely demolished our first base. Luckily, headquarters gave us a new one.

Wave: You took down Stylish?

Najenda: He would've killed us if we didn't. Or worse. Be glad he isn't you anymore.

Esdeath: He did disobey orders. So his death is his own fault.

Najenda: Glad to see we're in agreement. Reminds me of the old days when we were partners.

Budo: The empire took a huge hit when you defected. But we managed to recover.

Najenda: I can see that. Well, as the commander of Night Raid, I welcome you to one of our hideouts.

With the motion of her hand, the door to the base opens and the two teams meet with each other. As they walked in, silence filled the room.

When the two teams met, they looked and scaled each other up. Esdeath eyed the team and spotted new members that Najenda had recruited. But Tatsumi was nowhere to be seen. Night raid didn't mind the Jaegers being here, but Esdeath and Budo were a different matter.

Najenda: Seeing as we've dealt with one another in the past, we don't need introductions.

Esdeath simply chuckles as they are led to the meeting room. Akame and Kurome were happy to see each other, at least.

Najenda: As you're aware, Syura is the one who caused this little 'alliance' of ours. As much as it pains each and every one of us, we must work together or die. It's that simple.

Budo: A lot easier said than done, I'm afraid. Do you have any clue on where Syura's plan of operations is?

Najenda: No. We've searched far and wide, but we've found nothing. We tried taking hostages, but they ended up taking their own lives, so our leads were lost.

Esdeath: Have you dealt with any of his own super troops yet?

Najenda: Slowly, but we've been taking out Syura's campsites one by one. Along with his followers and Imperial arms users, that's the only progress we've made.