Chapter 1

This chapter is complete.

Mosspaw walked out of the medicine cat den to see the patrol. She ran over to look for any visible wounds. Mysticsky, a grey and black spotted she-cat, glared at the apprentic.

"Scurry along, I'm fine!" She hissed. Mosspaw flattened her ears at the hostile warrior and padded away. Mysticsky went to the fresh-kill pile. She saw how low it was and growled, mumbling to herself. She grabbed a dove and went to sit down and eat.

Cherryblossom , the medicine cat, padded out of her den. She looked over the patrol and spotted her apprentice, Mosspaw.

"Are there any injuries?" Cherryblossom called out to her apprentice. Mosspaw turned to look in her direction.

"Mainly just scratches and bites." Mosspaw replied. She spotted Coldstar and the deputy talking. She ran over when she saw blood on Southclaws shoulder.

"-many have been injured, but it seems to have ended in a draw..." Southclaw reported to Coldstar, his voice somewhat fearful under his leader's intense gaze.

"The clans are even angrier then before." Southclaw said. Coldstar looked away, pondering about what to do next. Mosspaw took that moment to interrupt.

"You have a cut on your shoulder. It looks deep. Go to Cherryblossom to get it checked out." Mosspaw said to Southclaw. The deputy nodded to her and glanced at Coldstar. Seeing no response from him he started to walk away, but Coldstar stopped him.

"Add more warriors to the night watch. I want the surrounding of the camp watched more heavily. We dont need to them attacking us at night again..." Coldstar ordered. Southclaw nodded and went to the medicine cat den.

Once the depity was out of earshot, Mosspaw turned back to Coldstar, only seeing the white tom already walking back to the leaders den. She ran after him and stood in his way.

"Can I.. uh..." Mosspaw started, but her courage faltered a bit as she met his sharp look. It only reminded her how intimidating he could be up close.

"Can you what, Mosspaw...?" Coldstar inquired. Mosspaw shook her head to clear her mind.

"Can I have a word with you in.. private... please?" Mosspaw forced out. Coldstar searched her face a for a few seconds. He nodded.

"Of course." He answered calmly. He continued walking to the leaders den and Mosspaw followed after him.

Mysticsky, having eaten half her dove, watched them go.

"Mosspaw! When your done talking, you can have the rest of this bird if you want!" Mysticsky called out to her. Mosspaw went wide eyed, suddenly feeling embarrassed in front of Coldstar. But Coldstar chose to ignore it and kept walking.

Mosspaw nodded her thanks to the grey warrior.

"Thanks Mysticsky!" Mosspaw called back to her.