Chapter 4: My Dreams Get Freaky

So, in conclusion: My mom is the worst. I'm a daughter of Hecate, some minor goddess in control of literal gas and does weird, freaky magic like some sort of witch.
As if some weird possessed girl and my sister dying weren't enough for one day, now I finally got claimed by my mom? What a great life.
The campers that picked me up immediately put me down after Amethyst's revelation. Thankfully, my mom's idea of love, (weird smoke), wore off and I could see properly.
"So, that's settled. We have a new daughter of Hecate! Maybe you can show Lou Ellen up, I don't know." Kai said excitedly. Or what I think was excitement. It was really hard to tell with Kai. Mainly though, who was Lou Ellen? From what I just heard, it seemed like she may also be a daughter of Hecate, and perhaps a hunk of trouble.
As the crowd began to disperse, Amethyst led me to the Hecate cabin, where I prayed I wouldn't be ambushed by more Mist. Thankfully, I wasn't.
The Hecate cabin was engraved with stones with magical writing. The roof was slanted and had high ceilings along with four modules back to back. The outside looked pretty sick but it was nothing compared to what was inside.
There were four main sitting rooms with two built-in benches (which are cushioned, sweet) that double as a bed. They had storage space underneath for clothes, armor, and weapons. There was built-in furniture that was made to be collapsed, moved, and reshaped.
But if the cabin didn't sound amazing enough, it turned out that with the snap of a finger, we could literally turn the living room into a bedroom, gym, dining room, and even a military command center! (Awesome, right?)
Other than that, there were a dozen programmed interior decorating schemes, and a narrow staircase leaning against the back wall which led up into a loft with two more twin beds. There was also extra storage underneath the stairs, along with private, state of the art bathrooms.
One of the members named Oliver showed me around the entire place, showing me how to change the furniture by snapping my fingers, and even taught me to summon a Mist cloud to blind enemies for Capture the Flag.
Lou Ellen Blackstone, the head counselor, volunteered to train me a bit so that I could be prepared for the event tomorrow. This was the nicest any group of kids has ever been to me. When my father was still alive and I was still going to school, I didn't have lots of friends and was often insulted and made fun of by my peers. Here I am now and people I don't even know are helping me left and right.
I have to admit, it was kinda nice having people helping me for once. It was a great feeling knowing that finally, for once in my life, that I fit in. That I have people around me wanting to be my friend.
Continuing on, I headed to training with Oliver, Lou Ellen, and another girl named Millicent. Through a simple snap, the living room became a gym. The couches morphed into weapon racks, the carpets became mats, and some of the other equipment became dumbbells, weights, squat bars, and other gym stuff.
"Wow. That's incredible. I still can't believe you can change around rooms with one snap," I marveled.
"It is pretty incredible," Oliver admitted. "Anyways, let's start training. Earlier, I taught you to summon the Mist to cloud your enemies. Go ahead and do that on this training dummy."
He pulled over a dummy from near the weapon rack. "Okay, just remember to focus on summoning the powers of the Mist, and please don't blind any of us. Last time, Millicent summoned a cloud right into my face."
"Shut up, Oliver! I didn't mean to!" Millicent responded.
"Sure you did. Okay, Rose. Let's see it," he said.
I held my hands and closed my eyes. I thought of a cloud of smoke in my head, just like Oliver had told me, and reopened my eyes, thrusting my hands forward. A purple cloud blasted from my hands and surrounded the dummy's face and chest area.
"Well done, Rose!" Lou Ellen cheered, Oliver and Millicent joining. "Okay, so the next thing we'll teach you is how to shoot a fire spell."
"Yes, so the key to shooting a fire spell is thrusting your hand forward and thinking of the incantation Ignis, Latin for fire."
"How exactly do I do that?" I asked. As grateful as I was for being able to summon a gas cloud in front of a dummy, this seemed a little beyond me.
"Just like you did with the Mist cloud, you want to target a certain area. However, when you're thinking of the incantation, you can't let any other thoughts cloud your mind. Those are the only steps you need." Oliver explained.
I nodded and began trying to shoot at the dummy.
The first time, I shot the fire spell at the roof, which proceeded to create a small fire. We all had to summon Mist clouds to cancel out the fire. The second time, I completely missed and made an onrushing Hecate cabin member a living human-torch. When Lou Ellen got the fire off of him, he proceeded to give me a lecture about properly using my abilities that eventually transformed into him yelling about the West Ham soccer team and their players until fainting.
The third time, I completely focused my mind. I cleared my thoughts, not thinking about the day's events and getting rid of all the negative thoughts in my head. I shot a fire spell right at the chest of the dummy, creating a small fire.
"Yes! Good job, Rose!" Millicent cheered, clearing out the fire. Oliver gave me a high five, but Lou Ellen strangely just furrowed her eyebrows and left the gym.
I was about to ask what was wrong with her when the mat we were using became a boxing ring. Oliver and Millicent brought out weapons from the racks on the walls.
"Ok, the last thing we're doing is weapons training. We have to get you accustomed to your twin knives before the game tomorrow, so we'll go through a couple of drills," Oliver explained.
Over the next hour, Oliver and Millicent had me throw my knives at targets and use magic to bring them back to my hands. I did okay, ending the drill hitting a bullseye. Lou Ellen came back only to give me a fake smile after hitting it and promptly leaving again. I had no idea what her problem was.
They made me practice my swinging, which I was pathetic at. At the end of the practice, they made me duel them. I lost both times quite badly, but I did get better near the end of the practice. We said our goodbyes and headed to our bedrooms to sleep.
But before I headed to bed, I attempted to find Lou Ellen and talk with her to see what was wrong. But she was nowhere to be found, so I eventually gave up and went to bed. But as it would turn out, my day was about to get even more interesting.
I dreamed I was floating above a random home, more specifically a living room. How I went from sleeping in a bed to floating above a living room, I don't know. On a couch, there were two teens, one a boy and the other a girl.
"So, what should we do tomorrow Arthur? We could go to the lake," the girl asked. She looked like a princess from a fairytale with her light caramel hair wrapped into a chignon with a golden flower and a stunning, flowy white dress. She had tan skin and radiant blue eyes.
"I think going to the lake would be nice. What do you think, Geneva?" Arthur asked. He had brunette hair with golden tips and piercing blue eyes that would scare the living daylights out of a child. He had tan skin and wore a fancy suit, complete with a tie like he was going to a business meeting.
Geneva kissed Arthur. "I like that idea, it's a date."
Suddenly my vision shifted into something completely different.
I was floating above a cave that contained a large black cage. Inside the cage was a dirty, blonde-haired woman being held captive. Outside of the cage, there were a couple of computers and operating systems, with people running stats and using the systems. There was also a 20 foot giant right guarding the cage and one woman doing... magic on the cage? It was a very strange sight, in all honesty.
From the earth, a voice boomed, "In order to succeed in our plan, we must capture Arthur LionsWorth and Geneva Rhodes before those other puny demigods get to them. Circe, send Nemesis and our troops to LionsWorth Enterprises, and make sure the demigods don't get away."
The woman casting magic on the cage nodded. "Understood, sir. I'll send some troops along with Nemesis."
"Thank you, Circe. However, while you broadcast that message, I will need to find a temporary replacement to keep the process going. Anyone?" The voice asked.
"I'll do it, sir." answered a small voice in the back. I had no idea what the teen was doing with a talking earth man, a sorceress, and a twenty-foot giant, but at this point, that hadn't been the weirdest thing I had seen so far.
"Thank you for your collaboration. Do not disappoint me, Olivia," The voice commanded maliciously. I had a feeling that something bad might happen to this Olivia girl if she didn't succeed with the process.
"Yes, sir. I will not let you down," she responded nervously.
"Good. Now, man your stations!" The voice echoed loudly through the cave.
But from there, the visions stopped. I was woken up by Millicent screaming, "OH MY GOSH, SOMEONE STOLE MY HAIR DRIER!"
She continued screaming, "UGHHHHHHHHHHH."
I got out of my bed and muttered, "And somebody stole my sleep."
After taking a shower and getting dressed, I went into the living room. A couple of people were cleaning up the Cabin, writing on a notepad. Some were off to the side, talking while training and doing exercises, and some were gone, probably eating breakfast in the pavilion.
"Good morning, Rose. Go ahead and head to the pavilion for some breakfast and then stop by the Big House to get your schedule," Lou Ellen instructed with a smile on her face.
"Sure, and I'll go jump off a mountain too," I muttered. I was still a little agitated that I was woken up by someone screaming for their hair drier, especially when she found it right next to her (seriously?) and began blow-drying her hair in the corner.
"What did you say?" Lou Ellen asked.
"Nothing. I'll get some breakfast," I replied, heading out of the Cabin and to the pavilion. Along the way, Kai stopped right next to me.
"Hey," he said.
"Hey Kai, what's up?" I asked.
Kai shrugged. "Nothing much. I heard from Oliver that you're pretty popular in the Hecate cabin."
"I guess so. Anyways, I was having some weird dreams last night."
"Like the you-get-murdered-by-a-demon-wolf kind of dreams or like the chasing-cotton kind?" He looked at my confused face and then chuckled. "Don't ask."
I laughed. "They felt...more vivid than a usual dream. Is that weird?"
"No. It seems you're starting to have demigod dreams. Unlike human ones, they feel much more real and often imply future events. It's like a weird sci-fi movie: you're probably asking yourself what the heck is going on."
"I see." I then told him about all of my dreams, ranging from a cute teenage couple scheduling a date to a psycho earth man talking about kidnapping said couple.
"Wow. I think you should tell Chiron. He has a knack for this kind of stuff. I'll go with you if you want," he recommended.
I nodded. "Ok sure, that sounds good."
Kai and I headed on our way to the Big House. Amethyst also came along with us, apparently doing some "light reading", though I think the book disagreed with that sentiment, given that the book was about 800 pages at the least.
When we finally arrived, he was in the middle of a conversation with Rachel.
"We'll figure out what to do about that later," Chiron said to Rachel.
He then noticed us walking in. "Hello, Amethyst, Rose, and Kai. How can I help you?"
"Um, I had these weird dreams that I think might relate to the prophecy." I told him all of my visions, with Kai randomly making some pun or joke at random points.
"If those two truly are part of the prophecy and they're being hunted, this might warrant a quest," Chiron said quietly, clearly in thought.
"We would need to run the idea of a quest to Mr. D since he is the main director," Amethyst said.
Kai muttered some strong words about Mr. D under his breath. Kai clearly did not like this Mr. D guy.
"Yes, you are right Amethyst. Look, we can meet up after the Capture the Flag game. For now, head to your classes," Chiron said.
As Kai, Amethyst, and Rachel left the room, Chiron pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to me. "Here is your schedule, Rose. Good luck."
I inspected my schedule as I grabbed it from his hand;
8 AM-9 AM: Breakfast and cabin inspection every day.
9 AM-10:30 AM: Greek mythology with Amethyst and Kai everyday.
10:30-11 AM: Picking strawberries on Monday, Cleaning stables on Tuesday, polishing armor on Wednesday, store checks on Thursday, and Lunch preparation on Friday.
11 AM-12 PM: Javelin throwing on Monday, Mist training on Tuesday, Monster assault techniques on Wednesday, Pegasus riding on Thursday, and knife training on Friday
12:00 PM-12:30 PM: Ancient Greek with Alexander, Amethyst, and Kai everyday
12:30 PM-1:30 PM: Lunch everyday
1:30 PM-3:30 PM: Volleyball on Monday, Weapon making on Tuesday, Laundry on Wednesday, Tracking skills on Thursday, and Ride the rapids on Friday
3:30 PM-5 PM: letter home on Monday (ha, ha), Cabin clean up on Tuesday, Wrestling on Wednesday (wow!), Wood-chopping on Thursday, Alchemy on Friday
5 PM-6 PM: Free time everyday
6 PM-7 PM: Dinner everyday
7 PM-9 PM: Volleyball league on Monday, Knife games on Tuesday, Unarmed combat on Wednesday, Gym exercises on Thursday, Capture the Flag on Friday
9 PM-10 PM: Campfire everyday
Dang. Never have classes ever threatened to kill me until now. Yay.