😴Screams🕟

⚠️ I do not own these characters ⚠️
⚠️ TW- I won't give another, this is just a general warning for the whole story lol⚠️

Aizawa Pov:

I awoke to a scream echoing the hallway. 'Shit, Hitoshi had another nightmare...'

We adopted Hitoshi Shinso about a year ago. We were training together so he could transfer into the hero course when I realised how painfully underweight he was. I kept an eye on him for a while and I began to notice how he would flinch at sudden movements or noises and what looked like bandages peeking out from under his uniform.
I read his file, scolding myself for not realising my student was in Foster care sooner. Hizashi my husband, suggested we visit just to make sure he was okay and when we got there we were appalled.

The place was filthy and smelt like vomit and alcohol,the home owner was passed out on the ground surrounded by licour bottles, the TV was still on, there was broken glass littered here and there and a splatter of blood on the wooden panel floor by the kitchen. We snuck upstairs to check on the children and almost all of them were malnourished, they were provided with an old, rickety mattress and a thin blanket each and they were crammed into tiny, windowless rooms.

Hitoshi was shocked and borderline embarrassed to see us. He was the oldest there by far at 15 whilst the other kids were between 4 and 11.
His father was a drug addict and when Hitoshi's quirk manifested, his father blamed his addiction on the 'disappointment and failure' that was his one and only son and 3 months later left without a trace. His mother then claimed that it was his fault for her marriage going down the drain and dumped him outside the nearest foster home she could find at 5 years old and he's been there ever since.

We called the authorities immediately and they came to take the children away and arrest the home owner. They were going to move the children across country and Hitoshi was heartbroken as he would have to move schools. We offered to take him in as long as he needed until he could find his forever home and we ended up adopting him a few months later.
We took him to a therapist due to the reoccurring nightmares and he was diagnosed with severe anxiety, depression, PTSD and insomnia.

We adopted a girl called Eri about a month ago. She is an angel and she gets along with Toshi perfectly, he's an amazing big brother.
Overhal was using her to create an anti-quirk drug and if you ask me, getting killed over and over and brought back everytime is a cruel and horrific thing to live through for anyone, let alone a 6 Yr old, but after she had left the hospital she had nowhere to go. We offered to take her in and again ended up adopting a few months later. I think it's nice for them to have some company. Many times I've found them asleep together on the sofa or in Toshi's bed. Once they made a Fort in the living room and I found them both asleep, curled up on top of a mountain of blankets and cushions inside. Obviously I whipped out my phone and took a picture, I never miss an opportunity.
Now, a year later, it's 4:36am and I'm awoken by Hitoshi's screams.

How was that for a first chapter???
This is my first book so please don't be mean if it's shit 😂😂😂
I'll try to update every Saturday
Thanks xx
591 words