Ten

Wei Wuxian POV

I didn't know how long I had been walking for or where I was going.

It just felt like I was walking on an endless path. There was nothing around me other than darkness.

Suddenly I heard a very familiar tune. I smiled and followed its direction.

After a while I finally saw a ray of light. I started running towards it.

As I got nearer to it, the tune became lighter. And finally it stopped as soon as I opened my eyes.

I sat up and looked at the bright sunlight falling in the floor through the window.

I touched my face and sure enough my whole face was wet from sweat and tears.

Again the same nightmare..

And like always I couldn't remember a single thing, not even that tune.

I sighed.... How long is this going to continue....

This started 5years ago, the day I first met that man.

At first it was only a dream. A beautiful one, I guess.

Although I was unaware of what it was about, still I always woke up with a beautiful smile.

But as if following the trace of my suffering, the dream also slowly turned into a nightmare.

Smiles turned into tears But the thing that never changed was that tune which I always heard before waking up, like it guided me from those horrible sufferings.

I always felt a really strange familiarity with the tune, like it had always been there in my soul, deep in my memory, but no matter how hard I try I failed to remember even a single beat of it.

I sighed and rubbed my face in my palms. I decided to throw this matter to back of my mind as there were already enough troubles on my plate.

As I reached for my cell phone I found it turned off. Surely it had ran out of battery. I put it in charge and went to freshen up.

After taking a long shower, I finally felt a little better. I took my phone and exited my room to go to the kitchen to grab something to fill my hungry stomach.

I opened my mail box to check the mails while a famillar sweet aroma hit my nose. I looked up from my phone and froze as I saw the busy figure of Sijie in the kitchen.

How long it had been since I saw her like this. May be 2 years or three years. Every time I saw her, the scene of that cursed night would play in my mind.

I still had no idea how to face her. So I always tried my best to avoid her. Because apart from my mom, She was the only person who knew me like back of her hand.

From childhood I always failed to hide anything from her. In front of her I was like an open book.

But then I was happy that there was someone who could know what I want without me saying anything. But now, I am no longer the person I used to be.

As I was going to turn around and leave, I heard that sweet and loving voice that I was most fond of.

"A-Xian... Where are you going?... Come here... I have made your favorite lotus rib soup... I know you must be hungry... A-chen told me that you haven't eaten anything yesterday... So I made this for you... Come here... You should eat it when it's still hot..."

I stiffly went to the table and sat down. No matter how much I change and no matter how horrible I behave towards others, Sijie was the only person I could never hurt or disrespect.

And no matter what the world told about me, for her I had always been her A-Xian.

As I started eating the delicious soup. And it brought out numerous memories of past. Some of them were blurry. But the feelings were still there, deep in my heart.

As I swallowed the soup bit by bit, I was trying hard to suppress my surging emotions.

After calming myself down, I looked at the loving and kind face of my most dearest sijie. I didn't know what to say.

After that night I tried my best to stay away from everyone. In these years apart from Chen, Yang and Yifei, who were always there to chatter nonstop around me despite my cold attitude, I had not talked with anyone.

I coughed a little to gain Sijie's attention who was sitting opposite me. As she looked at me from her phone, I can see the nervousness in her eyes.

It seems I was not the only uncomfortable one. I sighed inwardly and said,

"Thank you for the soup Sijie... It's delicious as always..."

Sijie smiled and said," I'm glad you liked it... I was afraid that may be you won't like it..."

I's taken aback. I never thought the distance between us had gotten so big. Well I can't blame her though.

I decided not to comment further on this. I asked to change the topic,

"How come you are here so early?.. If I remember you should be in New York..."

I saw Sijie's hand trembled hearing my question and her whole body tensed up.

I asked, " Sijie, Is there any problem?? I received a mail yesterday about the successful collaboration from Mr Park... He also mentioned that you and Yifei would be staying for their annual ball... Why did you returned so fast??"

Sijie took a deep breath and looked at me and said, "There was no problem in Mr. Park's side... We returned earlier for another reason..."

I could feel her nervousness... But I still waited for her words patiently... After a while She said...

" A-Xian!! Yesterday we got a call from that side... They are done with the investigations... They had sent the results... So we rushed here..."

My whole body stiffened by the words of Sijie. This day had finally arrived. The time to face everything I had been desperately trying to hide from, was finally here.

Helloooo..... My beautiful readers.... 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Please forgive this author for the late....🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

My exams are finallllyyyyyy over.....😎🤩🤩

So I'll try my best to update regularly...☺

Anyways have you guys watched DYNAMITE yet????😍😍

It's such a great song... I'm proud of my boysss They are really amazinggg........🤩🤩🤩🤩

Purple You BTS...💜💜💜💜💜

He he he.....🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗