•[4]•

════ ∘🌿∘ ════

The prince Doyoung sat at his velvet black sofa, as he looked out of the big, haunting, glass windows of his castle. He hummed a quiet song to himself and wore a somber expression.
Doyoung looked down to his white, puffy sleeves, feeling out the intricacies of the sown details on his fingertips. He let out a faint sigh.

"Ayo, ayo! Jackson in the castle!" Doyoung's only friend shouted out as he bursted through the tall doors of his workroom. This scared the young man and he jumped up with his fingers intertwined.

"Jackson! How many times do I have to tell you to quiet down? You'll wake the dead with your loud voice," Doyoung complained.

"Chill out, prince pretty! I'm only here to check up on my friend!" Jackson exclaimed with his arms out high in a prideful manner.

"Oh, how lucky I am to have you," Doyoung answered with sarcasm as he rolled his eyes and turned back to look out of the windows.

An uncomfortable silence greeted Jackson as he stood there perplexed. He knew his friend the prince was suffering from some sort of melancholy, but he didn't know how to fix that.

"What's up? How are you feeling?" He asked with a careful tone.

Doyoung embraced himself as he stood still like a statue, looking out into the darkened world around him.

"It's my mother's death anniversary," Doyoung answered annoyed.

"Oh, right! I forgot," Jackson said, rubbing his hair in guilt.

"It's ok, I'm not aloud to even know this, so why care?" Doyoung said with a cold tone as he turned back to look at the scared Jackson. He huffed at Jackson as he saw what reaction he had called forth out of him.
"Are you going to tell on me to my dad now?"
He asked with a mocking laugh.

Jackson shook his head with vigor as he seriously didn't want any trouble with the prince himself.
"Of course not, dear prince! I shall not ever tell your highness's secrets to anyone!"

"Not even my own father? Your own king?" Doyoung asked whilst nearing his scared friend with light steps.

"Lord, n-no! Not even my own king, dear prince!" Jackson stammered.

Doyoung felt himself lighten up and his stomach knot release. He stood near the shaking Jackson as he moved his lips to the boy's ear.
"Not even if it were your own life on the line?" He asked, whispering, as his expression changed into that of an amused one.

Jackson wanted to escape as he knew the current mood the prince was in. It seemed if he didn't run out now, the prince would personally kill him and grill him whole. So, he nudged the prince away with his shoulder and he took great steps towards the door.
"Goodbye, sir! I will see you very soon, have a nice day," he said, bowing as he then rushed out, forgetting to shut the doors behind him.

Doyoung stood laughing at his success of scaring his loud friend away. He turned back to look out of the window yet again. The silence made him realize he was all alone again. The clouds darkened as a rain shower began falling from out of them. A dull feeling awoke him.
"Happy birthday, mother; even on this sullen day."

════ ∘🌿∘ ════

Word count: 555

════ ∘🌿∘ ════