Game Freak Out: A Fallen Empires Fanfiction

There was a heavy weight in the air that could be felt by everyone in the Gallery that Could have Been. None of them could look each other in the eye as one by one witnessed lives they could no longer have. Regrets long forgotten have been brought back to the surface of their minds, especially Momo. Had he not went on this journey, his mentor could still be alive right now, maybe things could have been better.

He wouldn't know for sure. But his thought process of the white bird was interrupted when a couple of men brought in a heavy, chrome plated rectangular frame. It was completely bare but Momo felt like he could distract himself with curiosity. He would do anything to get his mind out of the dark again, if only for a moment. "What's that?" he asked, hiding the tears in his eyes and the breaking of his voice.
"O' that?" asked one of the men with a thick Boston accent. "This is a new piece that the boss wants to bring in."
A long brown-haired woman covered in a bright blue approached the piece and examined it. "There's nothing here." Quintessa pointed out and gestured to the empty picture with her finger.
"You're a smart one, ain't ya?" replied the other worker, as he took off his constructor's helmet and wiped his sweaty brow. "Cause it's probably ain't for yeh. That's probably meant for someone else."

"I know what sarcasm is, gentlemen. You don't need to be like that with me, I'm an author."
"Okay, you're not one for smart career choices are yeh, lady? If you're supposed to have seen it, you would have by now, wouldn't ya?"
"Excuse me." Spoke up a silver haired elf who gently placed a hand on the helm of the sword. He was ready to scrap if need be to protect his fiancé. But naturally doesn't want things to come to blows right now. So he asked, "What's the name of this piece, if you don't mind me asking."
"It's called 'Gotta Catch 'em all, whatever that means. I mean, catch what? A fireball to the face or somethin'?"
"Hey, Jerry. Nobody's askin' you to be an art critic." Piqued up the other messy, tall man, his face and body covered in dust and dirt. "If you were an art critic, you wouldn't be here, would ya?"
"I don't know, Tommy, I probably would. I mean, this is a gallery after all."
"Probably not this one."
"Okay, then what do you make of this picture thing?"

"You ask me, it sounds like an outdated catchphrase from a by gone era. It sounds to me like parental negligence. Call it a hunch."
The two then just wiped their hands and started walking away as they bickered at each other. "Oh yeah, like since when your hunches ever steered us wrong?"
"Exactly! I'm the best when it comes to that clay-clay four ants stuff. Or whatever that horrorscope lady said."
"Come on, you don't tell me you believe in that crap!"
"I'm just sayin' it would explain why a lot of weird things keep happenin'. It wouldn't hurt gettin' good career advice from her neither, Jerry."
"Don't quit your day job, that's all I'm sayin' Tommy."

Momo had been keeping both of his avian yellow eyes on the brothers as they left. He shook his head out of it. Nothing what was said made any sense. But there was no use obsessing over it. He wanted a distraction, he got one. That was all there was to it. Then the portrait shimmered, music started to play, and a face appeared.

It was one of a young teenager. It looked to the bird that they were walking, and that it was almost too close to their face. "Um, guys?" Momo asked, and looked around the rest of the group. He felt a sense of unease on his shoulders, and a shiver down his back. But as much as Momo wanted to walk away, he felt compelled to take a step closer. "Am I the only one seeing this?"

"Wow, that's an ugly lookin' kid." Skam Likely remarked as he pulled out a cigar from a Bag of Holding. Sadly for the small emerald goblin a ball of light rushed towards his face and with such speed, smacked Skam's face, which left behind a steaming hiss and a red mark on his face.
"Smoking is strictly prohibited, sir." The glowing orange ball stated in a robotic, but calming voice.
"Fine, fine!" Skam moaned with a huff, "You didn't need to burn my face though."
"It was necessary, sir."
"Sure it was."
Korellian stepped forward just behind Momo and placed a claw on his shoulder, and gestured to the exit. "We should get going. I don't like where this is going."
"Neither do I, but I feel like I... I have to know why I'm seeing this. It's like everything in my life was leading up to this moment.