Rebranding: a DMP Fanfiction

She could do this! Yeah! Hailey has done fashion design before so it's wasn't like she couldn't redesign one piece of clothing. Murder God was deep in thought and has been for what must have been a week. The elf god knew that she wasn't the same person as she was two years ago. Was it two years ago? Or more than that. Ugh, the Darkest Timeline's Twitter threw me off again! Fuck! What was I thinking about? The blonde god concentrated intensely, until suddenly, a flash of light went on in her head. Oh yeah, redesigning it myself.

She knew Murder could easily do it herself. She could snap her fingers and poof, new dress, no problem at all. But something gnawed at her, like something would be missing if she did that. She couldn't place it, but the one thing she knew for sure is that to prove she has changed, the clothes have to change with her. On one hand, I would be losing my current dress. It's iconic! Her confidence waned a little inside her as she imagined cosplayers all over the world dressing up as her.

It was strange for a god of Murder and Death to feel self-conscious. Then again, she did have doubts that anyone could pull off the look better than her, which is much worse than someone actually looking better with her distinct, trademark style. They probably couldn't even snap their fingers better than me. I don't know how to feel about that. Murder, just knock on the door and talk. That's what you're doing. You're talking. With a strong sense of resolve, she knocked on the door in a fast pace. She took a step back as heat rushed to her head and began to sweat. She told herself that the worst that Hailey Huang could say is no over and over. But that was just it, it would be the worst she could do to the Void Given Breath.

"Come in." called the familiar Boston accent. Murder took a deep breath and strolled right on in. Sure enough, the Asian teenager was playing Mario Kart on her Switch. (That's what she called it right? Murder never understood what the difference between that and an Xbox and Mario Kart is just a racing game with unnecessary bells and whistles. Probably, she never played it.)

"Hailey!" Murder called out, all with a large toothy grin plastered across her face. "I was wondering maybe if you could do me a favour!"
Hailey leaned up on the bed a little more and glanced at the small god, before quickly returning to the game. Anyone could lose first place in a second when it comes to Mario Kart after all. "Sure, MG, shoot. Whatcha after?"
"Oh nothing, it's no big deal and all." Murder sheepishly chuckled and scratched the back of her head. "I just thought like, I'm different to who I was in Season 2 or even Season 1, so I think I need a new look. So, I was hoping that maybe you could make me a new...outfit?" Her resolve was immediately shaken as the words escaped Murder's mouth. Fuck, fuck, fuck! I knew this was a bad idea! What was I thinking?!

A loud whistle shirrled from the Switch signalling that Hailey got first place yet again, but she wasn't paying attention to that. In fact, it never occurred to her. "Um... Come again, MG?" the teen blinked up at the god, who was sweating just as much. Her mouth was a little agape and she was leaning in closer to Murder God.
"Oh no big deal, I just thought with your fashion designing skills, you could make me a new dress or something. But it's okay if you don't want to." Murder God shrunk back and played with her fingers. She avoided eye contact with Hailey in that moment.
Oh fuck! I knew it! She hates the idea! What were you thinking, Emmy?! Fuck!

"Oh! Is that all? I mean, it's a big job and it's been a while."
"Sorry, you don't have to do anything, it's fine, don't worry about it!"
"MG, relax!"
"Okay." Hailey grabbed Murder God by the head and smiled softly. Okay, that looks like a good sign. That's probably a good thing. Yeah. Murder thought to herself, which put her mind at ease.
"I'm in. It'll be hard. But I never said I won't do it. Besides, I think your old dress needs a wash anyway."

"Hey!" Murder moaned indignity, "I wash my hands!" She shrunk back again. "Kinda. Just a snap of my fingers and it's done. Besides, this..." she gestured her dress while spinning around. "Is Iconic. Many people would be able to pick me out of the crowd, no problem. It's like Marty Mcfly with his orange or red jacket."
"Yeah, that seems a little off colour to me too."
"Right?! I knew it wasn't just me. The point is, me without this dress would be like Mario without his moustache and nobody wants to see that."
"Oh mama mia."