iv

"Everything will suddenly stop, indicating things are about to end. It's just like what's about to happen to what we have."

"You do cry when you read. I thought it was just a lame rumor." Yuro comments while wiping my tears and taps on my shoulder, making me avert my gaze from the book I was reading, as well as him. Well, if he did not point out my tears. I wouldn't have noticed until I finish the chapter.

For history, he's the only one who can distract me from my momentum in reading. Even Aki can't do that. And if I am the UNBOTHERABLE, I'll call him the LEGENDARY DISTRACTOR. Maybe I'll explain, that's why.

I laugh a little, "Sorry," I wipe the remaining tears that still fall down my eyes. "I was just a little bit..."

He gives me a doubting look.

"Okay, truly carried away and moved by the story. It's so touchy, promise. Try reading it."

He laughs and gives me a look. "Nah, don't say you're sorry. I understand. I'm cool with it. No worries. It is somehow the indication that the writer is good at persuading his/her reader's emotion and thought."

I unintentionally raise both my arms up high and practically fan it to him like I'm worshiping him. Finally, thank goodness, someone doesn't find it funny and mocks me with it.

He is shocked at my gesture.

"Oops, carried away, again," I say as I stop what I was doing. "It's not very often that I will not get ridiculed by someone about this. For the first time, someone understands my state of thinking."

He then chuckles and at me once more. He sure loves to laugh. I look at him with confusion. He waves his hand as a sign that it was nothing when it means something. I stare harder. He fishes out his phone from his pocket and starts swiping to and from different directions. It's from right to left. I bet he's in the gallery of his phone. Now, what? He faces his screen to me.

I gasp for air. "Woah, that is a lot of ... is that manga I see?" I glance at him while he flashes a smile. "That's a lot of books. I envy you. I wish I have a collection as well."

"I am a bookworm myself." he rests his hand on his chest as he acknowledges his achievement in reading.

"Is that so." I take his phone and skim on the spines of the books. Those are some hard classics and novels there.

"Yeah, because..."

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one." we both say a quotation from George R.R. Martin, in unison. We both laugh afterward.

We became close after a few days of having lunch together, about three days. Aki takes off every single day. That's the main reason. It's like we were already friends even before we have that encounter. We do share likes and dislike. Our minds are in sync. In some way, we speak in sync as well.

"Say, can I as a question?" Yuro looks at me, seriously.

"You already are." I chuckle a little, "Go on, what?"

"Are you for real that you okay?" he started, "I mean, you know," he lowers his head along with his voice, "I know you like Dezuki, but you don't say a word of complaint about it or anything.

Flustered, I almost choked my food, causing me to cough. "Why bring that up?" I continue coughing.

"Oh, I'm so sorry."

I raise my hand to tell him I'm fine. I drink a gulp before I say, "Am I that obvious?"

He flashes a soft grin, "Your actions say you do not, even if your eyes don't go along with it. Eyes can never lie."