The Elevator

Shadows surrounded Kavya as she walked down the aisle. She turned back and found someone approaching her. She tried to know who was that but she can't as it was dark. The man came forward grabbing her hand and caressed her forehead. Kavya stood calm and just starring at him. He came more closer and held her waist tightly and wishpered will you marry me? Kavya about to reply but her alarm clock jolted her awake. She smiled and said to herself "stupid it was just a dream. She then stepped out of the bed and got ready for the job interview.

As she walked along the street, she found no buses and cabs around. She waited too long and was getting late. Finally she hailed a taxi and reached the venue. She was in hurry as she was out of time and just rushed into the office. She submitted her resume at frontdesk and then the assistant suggested her to take the elevator and go to the second floor for interview. As she was about to get in to the elevator the doors begun to close. She thought she'll be late again but for her surprise doors got opened and she saw a man in blue suit held his hand out to let her in. She just stepped in and took a breath. Then she heard a voice from behind " I think you supposed to thank me". Kavya gave a weird look and said I don't talk to strangers. He just shurgged his shoulders and stood clam.

Kavya was waiting in the interview cabinet.She had been waiting for this opportunity to show that she had what it took to be a promotionl agent. She had been watching around and many thoughts were recurring and frightening her. Then suddenly door was pushed open and Mrunal(the man in blue suit) came in. Kavya stood amused by seeing him. She was unable utter even a single word. Mrunal asked her to sit and she silently passed her portfolio to him. He had glance and just starring at her. She then asked to forgive for everything happened in the elevator. Mrunal then laughingly said "uhh.. actually you need say thanks but said sorry in confusion it seems". Okay, sorry sir and thank you . Actually I don't know who were you then, said Kavya.

Just he was about to say something then all of a sudden they heard a voice from behind. Both looked at the person who stood at the door. It was Mr.Karthik, the manager who came to interview Kavya. Mr.Mrunal what made you to be here?asked Karthik and then said I can assist you to the conference hall if needed. Then Mrunal said no, no as I'm passing the hallway I saw Miss Kavya who was my old friend and thought to have a talk.Okay then you carry on with your work and I'll join the conference shortly. And Mr.Karthik I'm sure she will be the one your company is looking for. I'm not just saying as she was my friend but her talent made to say so. By hearing Mrunal Karthik said if you're referring it would be definetly good for us and how can we refuse you sir. Both smiled and Mrunal was about to leave.

Unexpectedly Kavya brust out in anger "I've no friends here and don't want to get  in here under anybody's reference." By saying so she left the office in a flash before they could say anything. Karthik and Mrunal looked at each other and went off .

Kavya was waiting at the bus stop and was in deep thoughts of what had happened just. She was back to normal with the sudden ring of her mobile. Hello Kavi, hello Dhi(It was her elder sister Priya).  Where were you and how about the interview? Priya asked. What to say Dhi, it's really a worst day, said Kavya and explained everything happened. Priya felt disappointed and said I thought you would get it this time as it's your dream . Okay leave it for now will discuss it later, you just come down home safe. Kavya hanged up phone and thinking that she did a mistake and abusing self for unthoughtful action and stupid attitude. She was badly in need of the job and she has many responsibilities to take up. She was a bit confused what to do as she can't go back again. She felt very sad. Meanwhile her bus had arrived and she went back home.

She had her supper and leaned back on the bed scrolling down her mobile. All at once she received a mail with offer letter and stated her to attend the office for further proceedings. She was surprised by the mail as she was never ever attended an interview nor applied for that company. Without thinking any further she decided to take up the job as she doesn't want to miss the opportunity once again and she was in need.

In the next morning, she woke up with excitement and got ready with beautiful dress and a matching pair of shoes. She looked herslef in the mirror and blushed praising her beauty. She checked everything twice before she could step out. She hired a cab and drove to the venue stated in the mail.

To be continued....