Chapter 2

~Maka's POV~

As I had Kid in my embrace, I couldn't help but realize Soul standing alone. I turned my head to face my partner, who looked as if he had dazed off onto another universe. I've never seen him look so... so different. I didn't know how to describe him, at that point. All I knew, was that Soul wasn't his normal self.

I looked back at Kid, who had finally pulled away from me. I smiled at him, and made my way towards Soul.

His crimson eyes were glued to the floor, and all I could think of doing, was poking him. I poked him, but he ignored me.

"Hey what's up with Soul, Maka?" I looked to see Black Star standing next to me, looking at Soul.

"I don't know. I've never seen him look so serious, and so out of it." I answered back.

Black Star crossed his arms and began to act as if he was thinking. I rolled my eyes at him, and looked back to see Liz and Patty poking Soul's face. "Stop that, you two." Kid demanded as he stopped next to me.

"Hey, we're not kids, KID!" Liz said as she walked beside her meister with her sister beside her. Kid just rolled his eyes at her, and went back to Soul.

After taking a long look at him, Kid began to speak. "It seems as though our friend is in deep thought, and shock."

We all looked at him, and back at Soul. I gave an "are you serious" look at Kid, and took out a book from my bag. "All he needs is one of my Maka Chops, and he'll be back to normal." I explained as I raised the book.

"I guess that would work." Kid replied as he scratched his chin.

I smiled and raised the book. "Yeah! Give it to him, Maka." Black Star cheered from behind me.

"Makaaa Cho-" before I could finish, I was interrupted by no other than Soul himself.

" No, stop! Stop!" I looked down to see Soul covering his head with his hands. His eyes eyes were opened wide, and he was shaking from the fear of being Maka chopped.

I put down the book and let out a smirk. Everyone else began to laugh as I put the book away.

"Relax, Soul. I wasn't going to hit you." I said as I closed my bag.

Soul's terrified expression turned to a relieved one as I turned my attention to him. "Y-you weren't?" He stuttered as he removed his hands from his head. I swear I could see his cheeks turn pink as he looked away from me.

I nodded my head no, and wrapped my arms around him. "You just got out, I would hate if you had to stay again. I miss you a lot." I whispered into his ear. I felt him shake a little, until he responded to my hug, and held me in his embrace.

~Kid's POV~
I know it sounds kind-of unbelievable, but I have feelings for Maka. Although her symmetry isn't as perfect as I'd like it to be, she is a beautiful, smart, and sweet girl.

I like her for that.

I think it was after our souls combined, that I truly new my feelings toward Maka. Her strength, her beautiful, green eyes, and her cleverness really caught my attention.

With the Kishin and all, I wasn't able to put so much thought into what I would do with my feelings. I've told Liz about it, but she thinks I stand no chance against Soul. Soul is pretty cool, and tough, but he doesn't really suit Maka.

Well, that's one reason to keep my hopes up. I've been thinking of confessing, but I don't know how that would go. My greatest fear is rejection, so....

I turned my attention back to my friends who were already heading out of the hospital. I blushed at thought of me actually confessing to the girl I like.

"Hey, Kid! You coming?!" I looked at Maka who was waving at me with that warm smile of hers.

I let out a low sigh, and began to run towards her as she turned around and continued walking. "Yes." I replied as I ran.

~Soul's POV~
It was pretty uncool of me to had blushed in front of Maka, but I couldn't hold it back. Maka's smile, and the fact that I looked like a complete woos in front of her. Ugh! I don't think I could face her. What am I saying? Of course I can face her, I just worry about blushing in front of her. Ugh!

I continued to think to myself as, my friends and I made our way to mine and Maka's place.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

~Maka's POV~
My friends and I just got to my place a little while ago. Right now, I'm about to take a shower. All of my friends are waiting in the living room for me. It's pretty cool to have friends wait for you. It makes you feel pretty important to them.

I walked into the restroom, took off my clothes, and sat in the bathtub.

"Ah," I let out a sigh as I felt the warm water on my body.

"I wonder how Soul's been doing. As we walked back, he didn't say much. To be honest, I'm a little worried about him; not only as his partner, but as his friend." I thought to myself as I sunk my head into the water.

I could feel my cheeks burn up as I thought about Soul. " I wonder what he was thinking about."

I mentally slapped myself as I raised my head. "What am I doing? I can't fall for Soul. He's my weapon, and I'm his miester. That's all." I frowned as I thought about the last part.

"That's all." I whispered.

After I finished taking my bath, I headed to my room. I slipped on a pair of blue fisher shorts, and a yellow, long sleeve shirt. I combed my hair down, and headed out to the living room.

"Wow, Maka. That took long enough." Black Star said as I entered the room.

"Sorry 'bout that guys." I said as I scratched the back of my head.

"So what do guys want to do?" Kid asked.

"How about we go n shoot some hoops!" Black Star shouted as he put his arm around Soul's neck.

"I'm in!" Soul said as he fist pumped Black Star.

"So it's settled, we're playing basketball." Black Star said as he began to walk out the door with Soul.

I rolled my eyes as I opened a book, and began to read. "Hold on, it isn't settled." Kid interrupted.

"What do ya mean?" Black Star asked as he turned his head to face Kid.

"Liz, Patty, Maka? Are you three in?" Kid asked eyeing me.

I shrugged. "Whatever, it's not like I'm going to play."

"Yup!" Patty answered.

"Sure," Liz replied, "sounds alright."

"Alright, let's blow this joint." Soul said with his fist in the air.

Everyone continued to walk out of the house, and to the basketball courts.

I don't know why, but Soul has been shifting moods. First, he's quiet and in deep thought. The next, he's back to normal. I have to talk to him, but for now I have to get through the whole basketball game.

Sports aren't really my thing, and I know Black Star is gonna force me to play.

*Sighs*

Well, wish me luck.