Chapter 6

~Kid's POV~
"May the best man win." I said with my hand out.

Soul looked down at it and back up at me with a confused look on his face. I did mean what I said. I want Maka, and I am willing to do whatever it takes to get her. I won't allow Soul to stand in my way. If he was going to make a move, he should've made one. I mean, this guy lives with Maka. If I had such an advantage, Id probably have Maka for my own by now.

"Kid, are you being serious?" Soul asked, interrupting my thinking.

I put my hand back down, and nodded. "She's not property, Kid. Maka gets to decide what she wants, we don't." Soul added, facing the ground.

"I understand, Soul." I began. "For that reason, we will let her decide who she wants to be with."

"What do you mean? How are we going to do that?" Soul asked, obviously confused.

I shrugged. "Let's take her out on a couple of dates, and see who she likes better."

Soul rubbed his chin. "So?" I asked him.

Soul crossed his arms and grinned. "Alright, let's do it." He said as he put his arm out in front of me.

I smirked and shook his hand.

I turned around to head out of Stein's house and began to walk. Before I could walk out of the door, I heard Soul shout something. " Hey, Kid!" I turned around to find him passing his fingers through Maka's hair. "I'm not gonna let you win."

I grinded my teeth together at the sight, and his stupid confidence. He looked at me, and smirked. "We'll see about that!" I shouted with my back turned to him, and waving one hand in the air.

"We'll see about that." I mumbled to myself as I made my way back to the basketball courts.