Dis Sandwing boi I made-

Soooooooooo I've been trying to fill in the endless pit that is my fanfic OCs without appearances!

That means I've been signing up for a lot of adopts and doing base fills for myself when I can.

Here's a Sandwing I did! (Prepare to learn some facts about Ancient Egypt!)

^Name: Ankh 

Gender: Male

Age: 22

Tribe: Sandwings

Sexuality: Straight

Abilities: Regular Sandwing abilities.

Family: He has a son called Ra, and was once married but split with his wife and lives alone. He left his parents (Maat and Nile) and sibs (his only named one so far being a brother called Miacis) as soon as he could, not bothering to give them any way of being able to communicate with him if they needed to, because he had always felt that he succeeded better when acting as an individual. He is the cousin of Metamorphic, who along with his parents and himself I have tied in with Egyptian gods, symbols, words, legends, and landmarks.

Personality: Ankh is far from a perfect being, but could be a whole lot worse. He is usually gruff, serious, humorless, and fine with killing during battles, but has been known to smile at the antics of dragonets and has a fierce loyalty to his duty. Ankh USUALLY has a good sense of what is logical and what is totally crazy, but sometimes when he is focused on achieving a goal, the clear line between the two can get a bit blurred for him. Ankh is a strong and capable soldier, who initially planned on living out his life alone in an oasis hut as a blacksmith, but was sucked into war and fighting for the protection of his tribe. In claw-to-claw combat, Ankh would probably be a seven or eight out of ten. He will not give up in a scuffle, even if he is missing his head, he will push on until his final breath. No matter who he is fighting, if they are labeled as the enemy, Ankh will strive to snuff them out.

Egyptian ties:

His name is Ankh- An ankh is a symbol representing 'life', and is linked with the Ancient winged goddess Isis. Ankhs were also considered as a highly effective lucky charm, as one of the things Isis was the goddess of was good fortune. Maybe I'll put him in some scrapes and have him scarcely get out?

His son's name is Ra- Ra was the Ancient Egyptian god of the sun and was usually seen as the king of the Egyptian gods and goddesses. This means I am probably going to make Ra a dragon with good leadership skills, LMAO.

His cousin Metamorphic's tattoo- Ankh's cousin, Metamorphic, had a tattoo around her left eye of an Egyptian symbol called the Eye of Horus. Horus was the falcon-headed god, probably the most well-known one in the current day, and the symbol was a sign of strength.

His mother's name is Nile- The River Nile/Nile River/The Great Nile is (debatably) the largest river in the world, and flows through the middle of Egypt. If the Nile had not been there, Egypt would not have become the country it is today, and it is also part of many ancient legends and beliefs.

His father's name is Maat- Maat/Ma'at is both a word and a goddess. It is the name of the goddess of truth, which is where the meaning for the word comes from. The word maat means balance or harmony.

His brother Miacis's tattoo- Ankh's brother, Miacis, (who looks almost nothing like him, by the way) has a tattoo of a djed on the inside of his wrist, or the Backbone of Osiris. The Backbone of Osiris was, obviously, meshed with the god of death Osiris. He was the husband AND brother of Isis (yes, I know), the brother of the dietes Set and Nephthys (who were ALSO married to each other, yes, I know), and the brother AND father of the falcon god Horus (YES, I KNOW, ARE YOU CONFUSED YET?! Feel free to ask me to explain it to you in the comments). Osiris was also the king of the Afterlife, and the djed was said to represent and possibly gift the power of eternal life.

That's all, folks!