What is this 'it'?

Alice's POV

This has to be a lie. Here in the darkness to just...seeing that ghastly look on Ruben'a face. When he's just floating up there in the surface,I mean,I don't really know what to say. I'm lost with words. I thought that he's gone.

Unless this is the world that everyone goes to when they pass on.

No,
That can't be.

Why is it only me hearing his voice then?

Time doesn't feel right. Floating in this damn darkness doesn't feel right.

Cause hell! I want to go back to the surface!... My dad isn't going to be happy about this...

"Alice?!.... Alice!... Please answer me damn it..." The voice quietly sobbed.

I stumbled over to the voice,approaching closer and closer. I just wanted to hold onto him.

Please. Just let me reach out to him... Tell me that he's there.

Please tell me this isn't one huge lie!

I sobbed,wobbling over to the voice,just crying out loud. I felt a warm embrace,hugging back tightly as I buried my head into his shoulder,swaying side to side slowly.

"I'm so stupid!... Why didn't you call 911?!... You could have.... You could have!..." He mumbled out,tightening the hug.

"Idiot! I... I wouldn't just believe that so easy! You could swim! How did you even fell in the first place!... How were you even under the ice?..."

"Ice?... I didn't fell into ice-"

"You got to me kidding me... You were under the ice! Trying to make a hole! When I quickly scurried over to you,I fell into a hole..."

"Did you drown?...I don't know,I don't even want to know why we are here.. I'm just...so-"

"Wha-What happens if we are dead?" I said,word by word.

There was a small pause,just listening to the eerie silence. There was a small tick-tock... Same thing again going through the darkness they are in. Tick-tock,on the clock.

"We can't be dead. Just... Shh... My parents should find us soon..." He tighten the hug,wiping his tears off. "Then we can get out of...this." He mumbled,slowly starting to choke up again but paused. "Sorry you have to hear me cry like a little baby..." He sighed,patting my back softly.

"It's fine... It's scary after all..."

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry...." He softly whimpered,just squeezing me to be assure that I'm still there.

"D-Don't be sorry... H-How did you even fell in the first place?..."

"Something...pushed me. Unless it was me.... Why? Why you didn't tell anyone? Why did you just wonder off like that?..."

"I should be asking you the s-same thing..." I started to choked up,tightening the hug.

Ruben's POV

I sorta felt selfish,
Selfish for just... I don't know,it's weird isn't it? Here she is,the girl,the one,isn't this so cheesy?

I hugged her,squeezing her tightly as I rubbed her back slowly,trying my best not to choke up. I never really thought I would fall into the river,I just thought I was just looking over it.

"W-Well," I gulped,taking a deep sigh. "I just fell.... I know,it sounds stupid. So stupid... Bu-"

Weird. Weird. It just caught my eye--What was that? That colorful gleam rotating quickly? I tugged on Alice's sleeve,gesturing her to look over at it. Her eyes lighten up,watching the rings rotate rapidly around the white gleaming orb. Alice quickly got up,well... It was hard to tell what we are doing. After all,it feels like we are falling endlessly. We both got up,linking our arms together as we faced 'it.'

"I'm... I'm going--first,stay behind me okay?" I looked over at Alice,quickly nodding her head as we slowly walked over. Just looking at 'it.'

"What do you think it is?... Maybe... It's just... A thing? It's very pretty..." Alice softly mumbled,looking at 'it' as she slowly reached her hand out towards it. Slightly panicked,I moved her hand away,giving her a small glare.

"Alice-P-Please don't do that,we don't even know what that thing does! I don't want anything to hurt you,or us..." I softly sighed,looking over at 'it.'

"But,that's the only thing that's... Bright! Before it was pitch black! Now look at it! I-It's colorful! It's spinning rapidly! It can-"

"It can cut our hands off..." I mumbled lowly,Alice's small smile fading off.

"Right..." She shrugged,slowly moving her arm away from me. I just looked at 'it' for a moment,thinking on what to do as Alice walked around 'it.'

Being a stupid dumbfuck I am,looking like an annoyed child I kicked 'it' sending it high up as a blast of light shined the whole place.

Everything was just white. The only thing down here was us,and 'it'... 'It' started to rotate even more faster,charging down towards me. I looked at it charging down,I brought up my foot to kick it aside,'it' heading towards Alice.

I'm a idiot.

Shit.

"Alice! Get out of the way!" I quickly shouted,running towards 'it',hoping I still have time to kick that fucking thing away.

Alice slowly turned her head around,her expression turning blank,acting on instinct she ducked.

But it wasn't quick enough.

'It' bounced off her forehead,making Alice fall deeper into this white... What should I even call this?! It's no longer dark! She was just--just a level below me,I reached my hand out towards her.

You should see the stupid look on my panicked face.

"M-My head... I-It doesn't hurt...well,it's not bleeding..I think... B-Bleh! I-I think--I just have a massive headache..." She mumbled softly,wobbling side to side as she lifted her hand up.

But it's weird,why is she down there? Isn't this supposed to be all the same thing? Same matter? I don't know. I don't want to go far into the sciency stuff... Cause it will be intricate,and we would need scientists to like,help me figure out that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And yeah... Tune in for more okay?

And sorry for the lack of....describing... And bleh... I'll do better! I'm sure of it! Hopefully...

Thank you for reading.