Jealous

There he was, coming our way with a smile on his face, that smile only James can pull off. I hugged him, and then he hugged Kendall too. We helped him with his suitcases and got out of the airport to call a cab to take us to the hotel. Once in the hotel, and after he checked everything up, we went to our floor and we left James' things in his room.

"Hey! I'm making lunch. Wanna join us?" Kendall asked James.

"Sure!" James replied, and we all went to my room.

"We can practice our lines while Kendo makes lunch!" I suggested.

"That's a great idea!" James said, "then... wait here! I'll go get my script," he went back in his room.

Kendall hugged me from behind, putting his arms around my waist, and kissed my cheek. I turned around to look at him, and when I was about to say something he kissed me.

"What was that about?" I said between giggles.

"Well, can't I kiss my girlfriend whenever I can?" He said squinting at me.

"Well, there's consent and I just thought you wanted to clarify something by doing that... I know you Kendall Schmidt!" I moved away slowly.

"And what if I did try to let you know something by doing that? I can do that too!" He smiled.

"And what was that?" I stared at him.

"That I love you!"

"Only that?" I asked almost laughing and James came back.

"Yeah!" He smiled and bit his lip, "all right! I'm gonna start cooking," he went to the kitchen.

"Okay! I have my script on that table," I pointed to the living room's coffee table, "c'mon!" I said to James.

We went to the living room, and we started practicing our lines. It didn't take Kendall that long to cook lunch, so in about forty minutes, the meal was ready. Right after lunch, James and I had to go to the set for rehearsals on the episode his character appeared on, so we all headed up there.

We met up with the producer and some of the cast that were going to appear on the scene in the script rehearsal room, as she calls it. There was a big white table and several chairs in the center of the room, some bean bags on the corners of the room, a big window, some boards on one of the walls, and that was pretty much it.

"Okay! Everyone!" She exclaimed after some introductions, "just have fun, and give your best. We're starting with James!"

James put his glasses on, he was in front of us. The producers let Kendall stay, luckily. The scene we were reading was one of the flashbacks.

"That's what we do, right?" James looked at me and smiled. I lifted my shoulders, "oh, please! You know that's what it has come to."

"I... I don't really know..." I said carefully.

"You..." he smiled at me, "you'll figure it out later," the script said we had to keep walking, so we made a little pause.

"Why..." I said quietly and fast.

"What?"

"Never mind!"

"You clearly had something to say... what's going on?"

"Uh... it's uh... no big deal, actually!" He gave me a harsh look, "it's just, I don't understand why you've never called me by my name... from the moment we met, you didn't ask for my name. I don't know, it's just a thought," I said, awkwardly. He breathed heavily.

"I just don't like to get attached to anyone. If I call you by your name, I'll just care too much, I've never cared for anyone but me, I don't really have to be sorry for it anyways. It may sound stupid, but I've survived, and I'm okay with that. I don't really need anyone in my life..."