8

I look in the mirror and I can't believe what I see. Usually, my hair is a mess. And I don't care much about fashion. Because fashion is expensive. Nini put some make up on me and I look different from every day.

But the dress that Nini gave me forcefully, looks beautiful. I like it. She asked me to keep it. Nini and her never ending gifts.

Just when I turn from the mirror, I get a text.

“I'm here. Come down.”

My heart flips. I don't know why I'm nervous when I was waiting for this for the whole day.

Nini and I get down and there is Jackson's car parked. It's pink. But in it is also someone else.

Stella.

They both are talking and don't see us until we stand directly in front of the car.

As soon as Jackson sees me, he continues to stare. I can't look him in the eye. And have to look down.

Stella quickly gets out of the car and comes and hugs me. I find it weird but I don't say anything.

"Hi. It’s so nice to see you again.", she says.

"Me too", I say.

She then gets in the car but sits in the backseat. Nini too goes and sits beside her.

So, the only seat left is beside Jackson. And he's still watching me.

I don't want to sit beside him. And I also want to sit beside him.

He signals with his eyes for me to get in and I have no choice. I get in.

"You look nice.", he says without looking at me.

I hear coughing from behind and I know who's voice it is. Idiot Nini.

I'm sure my face is red. I can't stop blushing. I can't even lift my head.

"Thanks", I manage to say somehow.

He starts driving and I slowly peek at him. I can see him smiling.

Ugh! This is so embarrassing.

We reach his house and the surprise is, its just ten minutes away from the hotel. We could have walked to his house. It's that near. I don't understand why then did he bring the car.

"You look shocked.", he says opening the car door.

Nini and Stella get out and go inside without waiting for us.

"Your house is literally THIS near. Why'd you bring the car then?", I ask.

"Because I didn't want you to walk. Also I wanted you to meet Fên Pipi.", he says.

"Fên Pipi?", I ask.

"My car.", he says smiling proudly.

I can't control myself and I laugh at the name. He looks at me smiling and continues to stare. I feel uncomfortable so I ask him, "What's Fên Pipi?"

"Fên is pink in Chinese. And..", he says.

"Pipi?", I ask.

"Pipi is just pipi. I liked that word.", he says blushing.

He looks so childish and cute that I want to pull his cheeks. I know I'm crazy.

We get inside and there's everyone waiting for us. Jackson's brother, his wife and his cute niece.

They all greet and meet me warmly. They are sweet.

Jackson shows us his house. And its big. When we reach the garden there's a man wearing a suit, teasing a dog.

Nini who was just beside us walks up to the man and says, "Don't you think you're too old to be troubling innocent animals?"

The man turns around surprised and is shocked to see Nini. For a second he is speechless. He just stares at Nini like he never saw a girl before.

Nini continues to look at him angrily but he still stares. Jackson runs up to them and says, "Rick meet Nini she's my friend. Nini this is Rick, Stella's older brother."

I know my friend is beautiful, but Rick is staring for too long.

Nini turns around and goes inside the house.

"Hey.", Rick says to us. He is good looking. Not Jackson Wang level. But okay. Because nobody can be on Jackson's level. Ugh! I started again. He is right in front of me.

Stella takes her brother by the hand inside the house. Only Jackson and I are left now.

It's sunset. Opposite of when we met first. It was sunrise then.

"You want to see my piano?", he asks.