Chapter 4

"Hey, Amy." Sophie said, still standing on the front porch. "Can you sneak me up to your room really quick? We need to talk."

     After some improvising about who was at the door and why, Amy made up an excuse about needing some time alone 'for her thoughts', the girls raced upstairs and locked Amy's door behind them.

     "So, why are you here, what happened, what's wrong, and why do you look worried?" Amy asked, barely pausing to take a breath in between all the words.

     "So, the Neverseen tried to erase my memories, but for some reason it didn't work. So, I was stuck in Pittsburgh until I had a plan to see you, cause I need your help." Sophie responded, still looking a bit worried.

     "That explains it! I've memories of us, but everything after you were 12 just felt wrong." Amy reminisced, looking lost in thought. "So anyway, what did you need help with?"

     "Well, they had something in the area that blocked my skills and abilities, so I came here to transmit. They couldn't have something that blocked them around the world, or even across the country, so here was the best option." Sophie said, trying her best to explain everything, while still figuring it out a bit herself.

     "Sure, I'll cover for you while you transmit, so Mom and Dad won't come in to talk. If they try, run to my closet." Amy said, coming up with a plan quickly.

     Sophie already knew who she was trying to reach. It was the best choice, with recent events. So, Sophie closed her eyes, and reached her mind out. Once she found what she was looking for, it only took one call for her to get a response.

     "Foster?"

     Hey, it's the author here. Sorry about the short chapter and cliffhanger, plus not updating in months, but I have a few questions. First, though, I want to thank skshannon48 for help clearing up a timeline cause my brain couldn't think of a way to do this. Shameless plug to go read her stuff, its great. So, where this fits in the book timeline. It's after Legacy, but Keefe's transformation didn't work, so he doesn't have a new ability.

     So, question time: do you want me to post one longer chapter or two shorter ones at a time? What ships do you want in here? And finally, taking from skshannon48 again, I want to do a question at the end of each update. (Sorry Skylar, but it's a good idea)

     So finally: do you have any theories you believe for Unlocked or future books?

     Anyway, stay lovely!