Chapter Eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN

This studio. My studio.

Well, not really mine. After what feels like months searching for a studio, when it was actually a couple of weeks, Cameron and I have finally found a recording space that is comfortable and affordable at the same time. In all honesty, this rental in the Hollywood Hills isn't exactly cheap, but compared to the ones we've visited, it's what can work best.

Obviously, it's nothing compared to the studio I've been visiting for the past month. Harry's is large, big enough to host an event. There's room to be comfortable whereas the one I'm in right now has a few equipment missing and all, but if I've made something out of nothing in my own bedroom, I can surely make it work here.

"Okay, just a reminder. It's forty dollars per hour you spend in here," the man in the beanie sitting on his chair painfully reminds me. I fake a smile and for the tenth time today and try to reduce the price. "Any chance you'll take thirty? Twenty if you're feeling generous," I attempt to negotiate, knowing it's a long shot anyways. Cameron tries to stifle her laugh.

"Nice try. I'll need to head off soon but text me when you need the space. At least the night before. No last minute sessions," he firmly states, standing up as a way to shoo Cameron and I away. "Got it," I bluntly reply walking off, Cameron trailing behind me.

"I hate people" Cameron sighs, catching up by me.

"Tell me about it. Would it kill him to be just a little nicer?" I roll my eyes, remembering the studio owner and producer in the beanie, shaking his image in my head away.

We walk out of the out-of-date building to see Elliot leaning against his car, ready to give us a ride. Cameron and I go into the car, whilst I'm ready to third wheel as always. The first few times it was fun I guess, but over time they get a little bit annoying which is normal, I suppose.

Asking Cameron if she'd like to head to Beachwood Cafe with me while I have my shift, she unfortunately has a table read for her film for lunch. Timing has been a little hard on both of us. We're both on this path of something bigger than we could ever imagine when we first got here three years ago, and we're still adjusting on how to manage everything. I couldn't be more happier for her though, she's amazing at what she does and I know Elliot and I are glad that she's getting the breakthrough she deserves.

With me, I find my situation still nerve-wrecking and frankly, I'm still quite lost. I feel as though Cameron has settled but I'm still figuring it all out. I've got an amazing deal at Rhodes Records - unofficially as I work with Harry and his team for two more months. But what if this EP doesn't become a success for me? I've barely got the chance to write music for myself with trying to work as many shifts as possible but also be completely present for Harry's sessions. Sometimes, I pretend that I have no worries at all. I just push all my problems aside until I have to deal with them but that can't happen for much longer. I need a plan and I need to tackle that plan well.

Lost in my thoughts, I focus my attention back to Elliot and Cameron in the front seat. "Little Lor, what on earth are you thinking about?" Elliot teases me, watching me on his rear view mirror.

I laugh and shake my head, "Just life," I laugh it off.

"Does Mr Harry Styles lie somewhere in those thoughts?" he chuckles. I get caught off guard by the mention of Harry's name. Between Elliot and I, we don't speak about him much unless I talk about work or any of our sessions so I get a bit surprised. "What? What do you mean?" I ask dumbfounded.