Chapter 4

Kageyama's POV.
3 years ago

We won. We beat our first match agasint a small school with an insanely fast ginger boy.

I could see how broken he was when I landed the last hit. The last spike.

I love seeing my opponent's hearts break when I finish them off, but...he seemed different. His face was pale.

He seemed as if he had no emotions. I want to drive something out of this ginger prick.

I need satisfaction.

"Kageyama" my teammate called. I
Moved my attention over to him...shit what was his name?

Oh well, probably not important.

"Yes?" I replied as three other boys from my team stood up behind him. They all seemed pissed off for some reason.

The fuck is their problem?

"Listen...If you keep changing the way we play, we won't play anymore" one of them said.

I giggled. That's ridiculous.

"You're seriously going to stop playing if I keep making improvements?" I asked them. They all nodded.

I looked back at the rest of the boys on my team. The looks on their faces, they all seemed to agree with them.

Pricks.

"Listen...I'm making us better-" I was cut off.

"No...you're Not. You're making yourself better....The rest of us don't get anything." One of them explained.

"King fucking Tobio" one of them muttered.

I flinched.

These pricks.

"...I don't need you guys" I whispered, "...play without me." I told them. God I was so fucking pissed.

I grabbed my bag and left the court. None of them stopped me.

Not even one.

I don't even like volleyball.

I walked down this long corridor, but I stopped when I noticed a small ginger boy with his friend coming out of the toilets.

Hinata Shoyo. My friend muttered that name as we were playing.

I approached him. If I'm gonna take my anger out of something, it's gonna be him.

I gloomed over him and watched him shiver.

"You're Hinata" I muttered. He flinched. Ok.

"You're fast" I wanted to get his hopes up, I saw a small spark of hope in his eyes.

"But...not fast enough".

It vanished.

That's it. He's done for. Broken.

I walked away and turned a corner, I wanted to hear him rage. Wanted to hear him talk about beating me next time.

But...that didn't happen...

I heard sniffing. Cried.

I peaked my head round the corner and I saw him...torn about.

Oh fuck....wait...no..
I didn't want him to be depressed, I just wanted him to get mad and be more motivated to fight me next time.

But...He's actually crying as if his life is over.

I should apologise...no.

No. Thats pathetic. I can't go back over there. That's stupid.

I noticed his friend help him up. Shit. I hid back behind the wall and watched them walk by.

He was trembling.

Fuck...this guilt really sucks.

2 hours later.

I arrived back home at around the time all the matched would've finished.

I don't want my parents thinking that I bailed out of a match....if they find out then they'll...

I gulped.

I took a deep  breath and took off my shoes. I lingered around my home and noticed that nobody was downstairs.

Is anybody even home?

I walked up my stairs and stopped once I felt the feeling of someone standing infront of me...looking down on me.

I gazed up...my mum.

Ok.

Shit.

"That doesn't look like the face of a winner" she commented as she noticed how depressed I was.

I nodded. I can't do nothing but agree with her.

She reached out and touched my hair..."Tobio...did you win?" She asked me.

I shook my head, "but-" before I could get out a word she had already pushed my shoudler's back and sent me falling down the Stairs.

I landed on my wrist and it snapped.

"A-..AH...FUCK" I cursed knowing that she'll hit me for it later.

I groaned in pain and grabbed my wrist which was now throbbing from the pain.

My mum walked down the stairs and gloomed over me once me.

"...a broken wrist will teach you" she told me.

All I did was nod and held back my tears.

We remain eye contact for a couple of seconds until she walked off.

I took deep breaths.

"...Shit...shit" I cursed under my breath and cried silently.

Everything feels so dizzy.

Dark.

Where did it all go wrong?

My teammates?

Me leaving them?

Hinata Shoyo?

Me being born?