The Gods Are Dying

Zeus screams in court rooms when no justice is heard, he cries from the pollution in the air.

Poseidon washes away with the trash in the ocean.

Hades cries in the underworld, for Cerberus is dead and the souls are everywhere.

Hera dies out as women cry with their babies, not knowing where he is.

Amphirite washes away with Poseidon.

Persephone mourns the death with her flowers as they wilt.

Apollo smiles as he fades music isn't in taste, poetry has stopped, and everyone lies.

Artemis protests with the victims of rape, and hunts with the truly wild, losing her godliness.

Hermes has stopped flying, no one sends letters anymore.

Aphrodite cries at the dysphoric, the unloved, she tries so hard to make them love themselves.

Hephaestus works at a corner shop fixing toys for the little, he's long-lost him godliness.

Ares walks battlefields, looking at broken buildings, this wasn't warlike, this was reckless.

Athena tries to share her wisdom with broke collage kids, they don't listen.

Hecate watches as magic is dying, they don't believe anymore.

Hestia sits in the fireplaces, watching families, wishing for one.

Demeter sits in greenhouses watching people work, telling her secrets, she knows she's fading.

Dionysus sits with the mentally will, speaking, he drinks with the broken, he knows.

Iris sits in the brightest colors, watching as people abandon them.

Hebe dies with the youth, their will is hers.

Hypos sits with the old, sleeping forever, poking at the young "sleep" he says.

Ganymede sits at pride, their gay, he's gay, their all gay.