Promises

I woke up in the school's infirmary still in shock, i was literally shaking out of uncertainty. I kept asking myself, was it really Adams i saw? I still don't want to believe this. After three years of abandoning me, he had guts to come to me and the bigger nerves to attend the same school with me again. He really got nerves.
But wait, why was i mad at him? At this point i realised that i have missed him so much but as to why i was acting weird, i have no idea.

Dr. Frankie walked into the infirmary and came to my side. Marie was sitting close to me while i laid down on the bed.
How are you feeling now, Miss Doland?, the doctor inquired from me.
Much better now doc, just a little headache that's all, i answered with certainty. I was fine i wanted to go back to my class.
Okay, Anna you may go to your class now, take some aspirin before you leave, he gave me some aspirin for my headache and released me off to my class.

Marie, my bestfriend was still with me. We missed two good lessons because of my "sickness". I felt bad for her. Poor Marie, she was suffering because of me, i said staring at her face steadily. No way Anna, i know that face and what's going on in your mind, she said with a smirked face.
You sure right, Marie, i said answered with guilt written all over me.
Babes, it's not your fault okay, things just happen. I promise I'll never leave your side. I'll be with you always Anna, Marie vowed never to leave me.

Tears began to fill my eyes. This was getting emotional. I had to hold it all up because Marie liked crying too. We had another class too so we had to focus. School was almost over, we had a few minutes to close. Friday classes were just off because it was a weekend. Everyone was eager to go home and rest. Others had some parties and hangouts to attend, like my brother Clive.
Marie spends the weekends over at my place. We gossip, eat, play games and do all the bestie stuff.

3...2...1....diiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnngggggg!!! The students shouted with so much excitement. There was a lot of chattering as students laughed, screamed and expressed their joy in numerous expressions. School was finally over. Happy weekend  everybody!, Jeremy shouted as he banged the door and left the class. Marie and i were still down after seeing Adams, i was still in doubt. It couldn't have been him. Maybe it was another Kay Adams from Greenville School. My Adams was never coming back.
We packed our bagpacks and walked hand in hand down the hallway. Oh what a day! I said silently within me.

Marie, did you bring your clothes for the weekend? I'm not sharing my clothes with you, i said jokingly.
Girl, i came prepared okay. Don't even say anything else I'll break your neck, she replied running after me with her fist clinged and raised up like she was about to hit me.
She made me feel like a little child anytime i was around her. Feeling free and loved again.

Clive came to pick us today. The day was getting better and better.
Hey kiddo, how was school? I asked with a lot of concern as i opened the door of the black Mercedes Benz in front of our school.
I skipped school today, i went to the clubhouse for a photoshoot, he retorted proudly and shrugged as soon as we got inside the car.
Kiddo, you need to focus and slow down okay, Marie replied sadly. He totally ignored her.
That's Clive and that's his life not even my parents could slow him down. He was thirteen and had certain privileges. My dad didn't like to force things on us so he made him go anywhere at anytime because he trusted him and respected his rights.
That's my family for you.

I connected my earpiece to my phone and listened to Gracie Abrams's song Stay. I reminisced the times and fun memories i had with Adams. I missed him so much i couldn't hold it anymore. My eyes were filled with tears, i wiped them quickly to prevent them from falling.
Marie was fast asleep. The day has been quite a stressful one for both of us.
Soon we drove through the hood and finally got to our house. Mum and dad were home early today. Weird day indeed!
Marie, we're home, get up!, i woke Marie up, her eyes were blazing red. She was really tired.
Poor Marie, i said and gave her a peck on her forehead.

Excited already?
Get ready for the next episodes!