Avalon Summers

A man opened the glass box and as I stumbled out, I noticed Caesar staring at me with a huge grin. I suppose I probably got let off lightly but I wasn’t so sure about Avalon Summers. As I walked down the steps Tristan jogged up to me. “Wow, that wasn’t like Seraphina at all, her name means fiery wings and she normally is extremely fiery... You must have some pretty big allies up in heaven.” “I hope I do somewhere.” I sighed. Tristan turned around then said “Oh, by the way I have been given the job of being your friend so we are now automatic best friends and Mignon is to bring you to get settled in so go find her before she disappears.” he chuckled. I walked up and down various corridors before I found Mignon. “There you are best friend!” she teased as she grabbed my arm and pulled me down a corridor. We went through a door into the middle of a bustling street filled with different stalls selling fizzy blue faerie drinks to silk scarfs for warlocks. As we pushed through the crowd I realised where we were. It was the market place, it seemed so obvious now but going out to the brightness of the light it was astonishing. Mignon pushed out us of the crowd and onto a doorstep of a large medieval looking house. She knocked on the door so hard I would have thought it hurt.Inside the house it was full with different coloured materials and drapes and the walls were covered with pictures of the sea. Standing in front of me was a skinny faerie with purple feathery hair adorn with barrettes and slight blue tinted skin but she was incredibly pretty. She was wearing a long flowy skirt with filigree detailing and she had a pair of transparent wings with pink edging stuck out of her shoulder blades. Mignon stepped forward and embraced the faerie with a friendly hug “Don’t worry Ophelia. She won’t bite. But be careful with Avalons friends because you know most aren't quite as civilised as her.”  Avalon giggled and nudged her. “So Ophelia I have the pleasure of your company for as long as it is needed. I don’t want to be your babysitter so you may enter and leave as you choose but don’t bother me much, though I’m sure we’ll become friends. Oh also don’t get me into trouble please.” Her voices tinkled in a way bells would. “Oh no, I won’t want to cause any trouble for you and i apologize for you having me as a burden.” I implied. Avalon giggled again and by now I have realised she finds everything funny. “Ophelia, Avalons job is to look after runaways and she never fails because she give them the freedom you need to trust her” Mignon called as she shut the door behind her. I was alone with Avalon which was slightly awkward seeing as I don’t know her. Then she reached out for me hand within a split second i just took it without thinking and she turned and pulled me up a spiral staircase into a hall with multiple coloured doors. “Let me show you around.” She whispered and together we walked up to a pink door that she opened and we walked in. The room was extraordinarily plain compare with what I’d seen of the house so far. It had white walls, a big window with a window seat covered in huge black cushions, there was a double bed with plain beige sheets and a wardrobe and matching desk. I could survive here I suppose and I have free access of the house. She walked over to the wardrobe and opened it. It was filled with clothes “These will all fit you they arrive this morning for you. Get settled in then come down for dinner in ten.” I lay down on my bed. “Why was I let off so lightly? How did they find Enid? How will we send him back?.” I wondered. Then I sat up and looked around, the smell of whatever was downstairs made me realise how hungry I was. I swung my legs out of the bed and dashed down the stairs.