1

Tamaki took the breakup hard!

He vowed to give dating a miss for the rest of his life, for he did not feel that he could love anyone as much as he loved you. Of course, Mirio and Nejire had a different idea. Even though he was shy, socially awkward, and still completely heartbroken, they set him up on multiple double dates with people. They thought he would like, but not one of them got him to say much more than 'hello' as they chewed his ear off trying to find out more, or most of them talking about themselves.

Once Nejire brought up his love of butterflies to a girl, it didn't go down too well with Tamaki. The girl then decided to talk about stuff that had butterfly pictures on, not about actual butterflies themselves. After a bit though, the two of them agreed to stop trying to push girls onto the boy, for which he was extremely thankful.

After they finished college, Mirio's arm recovered, and the duo was picked up by the same team to play professional football. The two of them were an amazing pair, that were so in sync, that a lot of other quarterbacks and wide receiver duos couldn't compare. Their only possible competition was Midoriya and Todoroki, but at the moment, they were in their final year of college.

It had been almost two years since you had broken his heart, alas, every night he would read the book you gave him, the page with the message in almost fading.

'Tamaki, you seem really shy and well you don't say much about yourself, but I see the way you look at butterflies, so I thought you would like this book. It used to be mine when I was little, but I thought you would like it. Love, (f/n) 🦋'

The book was like some precious treasure to him that he couldn't go anywhere without it, even when playing an away game, it was the first thing to be packed.

A year after they had finished college, Mirio proposed to Nejire and Tamaki couldn't be happier for the two. Of course, he was to be Mirio's best man at the wedding that would be later this year but there was still some final planning with the venue. Due to this, the single man decided to get his own apartment to call his own, not wanting to third wheel with the happy couple.

The couple didn't like him living alone, constantly going around to his house and getting him to go to theirs. The trio's friendship grew stronger, but Tamaki felt like he was depending on them too much. Wanting to give the couple something back for their wedding, he knew what they would love but also had his influence.

Luckily for him, the venue they'd chosen had the perfect thing!

The happy couple hadn't booked the Butterfly house as part of their wedding package at Valentine Abby Hotel, so the purple-haired guy booked the package that included a photo shoot for their engagement photos, but also for the happy couple on their wedding day as well. The hotel was like something off Downtown Abbey and of course the couple had fallen in love with it straight away.

Wanting it to be a complete surprise, he had told them to get dressed up one day, stating he was taking them somewhere nice to celebrate their wedding that was only 6 months away. Considering the venue was an hour away, he told them to back an overnight bag, booking them a room and a room for himself. Nothing fancy but just a cheeky weekend one-night getaway.

The three of them were in desperate need of a break from training for the guys, and Nejire had become a professional dancer.

In Tamaki's car, Mirio sat next to him and Nejire in the back. It was clear that this was more than the guy was letting on.

"Soo buddy, you gonna let it slip what we're doin' and where we're goin'?" the sunny smiling man next to him questioned.

"It's a surprise...I know you'll like it," Tamaki's voice held nerves, making Mirio sit back whilst Nejire had fallen asleep in the car.

"Ok, man. Is everything ok? You know you can bring a plus one to the wedding if you meet someone even the day before?" Mirio was concerned for his friend's loneliness, knowing that the breakup had crushed him, yet he didn't blame you.

Mirio was smart enough to know that you broke it off to protect his friend from being hurt. It was also clear from any photo they saw of you in the press, that you also looked unhappy, even when you wore a smile. There was also no rumour of you dating anyone, or even looking at anyone in the way you had with your partners at college.

The rest of the drive was silent before the car pulled into the car park.

"We're here," the nerves in his voice stammered a little. "We should go check-in," Tamaki stated, getting out of the car quickly. The excited Nejire had no clue what they were doing at their wedding venue, so quickly jumped out of the car jumping on Tamaki.

"What ya planning TamTam?" giggling, his face was bright red at the contact, that is when a familiar orange and black car pulled into the car park. It wasn't quiet, as the door flung open a couple of people came running over. The trio staring at you step out of the car, your hair in a messy bun and wearing casual clothing.

The people surrounding you were not being quiet either. Tamaki's eyes sparkled at the sight of you in the flesh before his heart panged in pain, listening to the entourage around you.

"Yagi you're late...we were supposed to begin the shoot..." before the man could finish your head snapped to look at him.

"I know I'm fuckin late...but you're delaying this longer," before the poor man could respond you stormed to the direction of the hotel, everyone following you as they went.

Tamaki had frozen to the spot, not able to take his eyes off the way you had gone and an arrow hitting in the heart from cupid itself. From the way you looked, it was clear that you were not happy and in your once sparkling eyes held loneliness.

"Well...did you know (f/n) be here today?" Nejire of course curious, but it was clear from how stunned the guy was, that he had no clue.

"Must be fate..." Mirio beaming a huge smile like the sun, however, the self-doubt within Tamaki began to show.

"She will be busy that we won't see her," grabbing the bags out, he slammed the boot before slowly beginning to walk towards the hotel.

Watching the guy walk ahead, the couple grabbed each other's hand, "You thinkin' what I'm thinkin?" Nejire looked at her hubby to be who smirked, nodding with exactly the same thing as his beautiful bride to be, before they too headed towards the hotel.

***Thank you for reading!***

***What do the two have in store and will it be for better or for worst?***