So Used to Being the Bitch

So used to being the bitch,
She can't see anything past a person's words anymore.
She feels anyone can say anything but doesn't believe very many anymore.
The love you show can be hidden behind the mask of who you really are.
After all, they say that after a period of time,
You see a person for who they are.
Wether that be after 1 month, 3 months or 6, maybe more.
It comes out so she protects herself from the pain and agony of allowing anyone to hurt her.
What's the point of giving all when you only get a tenth of what you give?
Who's supposed to pick you up when you feel like you're losing yourself?
No one.
It's only yourself.
Filling a void with something someone else has done to make her feel better has only caused a hole that wants to be repaired by that one person over and over again.
The problem is,
That person can't fill that void forever.
So, in all, it's best to stick to yourself.
Heal your own pain so you'll never have to rely on anyone for anything.
Be that bitch and do it yourself.
You've felt pain that brought you to anxiety and you've vowed to yourself to never let it happen again.
When you were down, no one cared.
It was just you...
Curled up in your bed,
Under the covers,
Weeping and repeating affirmations to yourself that you're good enough.
This girl never wanted others to view her as weak and she never let others see her down.
Deep down inside that girl that's perceived as bitch,
Is a soul that's hurting and waiting to just be seen by someone.
Almost desperate to want anyone to see her.
So much to the point that she's selective of whoever she brings into her inner circle,
Only searching for that one.
Inside this "bitch"..
It's a pure soul that's only looking for the love she once gave.