SHORT QUIZ

TEST YOURSELF!!
Get a sheet of paper. Try to answer this quiz

Objective:
To know if you really understand what you read

Note:
Correct answers are given at the last part of this.

Start!!!
1. ______ is a process of sharing and conveying messages or information from one person to another within and across channels, context, media and cultures.

A. Social Media
B. Communication
C. Speech
D. Interaction

2. All are nature of communication EXCEPT.

A. Communication is an art
B. Communication is a process
C. Communication occurs between two or more people
D. Communication can be expressed through written or spoken words, action spoken words and non-verbal actions at the same time.

3. ______ is a the process of converting the message into words, action, or other forms that the speaker understands

A. Channel
B. Message
C. Decoding
D. Encoding

4. The information, ideas or thoughts conveyed by the speaker in words or in actions.

A. Channel
B. Message
C. Decoding
D. Encoding

5. The process of interpreting the encoded message of the speaker by the receiver.

A. Channel
B. Message
C. Decoding
D. Encoding

6. The medium or the means, such as personal or non-personal, verbal or non-verbal, in which the encoded message is conveyed.

A. Channel
B. Speaker
C. Decoding
D. Encoding

7. The source of information or message

A. Channel
B. Speaker
C. Decoding
D. Encoding

8. ______ includes all literature produces before the Spanish colonization.

A. Literature
B. Spanish Colonial Literature
C. Precolonial Literature
D. American and Japanese Literature

9. Story that features animal characters or inanimate objects that behave like people.

A. Fable
B. Myth
C. Folktale
D. Legend

10. Example of this is Juan Gathers Guavas or Juan Tamad.

A. Fable
B. Myth
C. Folktale
D. Legend

11. This is presented as history but is unlikely to be true.

A. Epic
B. Myth
C. Folktale
D. Legend

12. A story the explains a belief, a practice, or a natural phenomenon.

A. Epic
B. Myth
C. Folktale
D. Legend

13. Supernatural characters like Lam-Ang

A. Epic
B. Myth
C. Folktale
D. Legend

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
IT'S DONE:>

CHECK YOUR ANSWERS:
1.Correct answer is B!
Communication is a process of sharing and conveying messages or information from one person to another within and across channels, context, media and cultures. Examples are face-to-face interaction, a phone conversation, a group discussion.

2.Correct answer is A!

3.Correct answer is D!

4.Correct answer is B!

5.Correct answer is C!

6.Correct answer is A!

7.Correct answer is B!

3-7 are the first 5 Elements of Communication
1. Speaker - The source of information or message
2. Message - The information, ideas or thoughts conveyed by the speaker in words or in actions.
3. Encoding - the process of converting the message into words, action, or other forms that the speaker understands.
4. Channel - The medium or the means, such as personal or non-personal, verbal or non-verbal, in which the encoded message is conveyed.
5. Decoding - The process of interpreting the encoded message of the speaker by the receiver.

8.Correct answer is C!
Precolonial Literature includes all literature produces before the Spanish colonization like chants, proverbs, songs, and folk narratives.
The key word is Pre- meaning before or previous to.

9.Correct answer is A!
Fables mga hayop ang tauhan. Example of Filipino Fable Story: The Monkey and the Crocodile.

10.Correct answer is C!
Folktale is a characteristically anonymous, timeless, and placeless tale circulated orally among a people.

11.Correct answer is D!
Legend is presented a s history but unlikely to be true. The story of Bukidnon, for instance, tells that a huge crab caused the water to rise by going into the sea. On the other hand, the Igorot story tells that the sons of Lumawig the Great Spirit caused the flood.

12.Correct answer is B!
Myth. The Igorot’s story tells that Lumawig the Great Spirit created people. On the other hand, the Tagalog story tells that the first man and woman came from a bamboo.

13.Correct answer is A!
Epic is narrative poem celebrates the adventures and achievements of a hero. They feature supernatural characters and reflect the society where they originated.