It's Warmer in My Bed

Sunday, February 12th, 1995: (Kurt's POV): The next morning Kate took me to the Getty Museum to look at art. She didn't even tell me where we were going. She just told me to get in the car because she had a surprise for me. I can't even describe how grateful I am to have been given the opportunity to appreciate all the art they have to exhibit. And the fact that Kate knew I would love it made me like her even more.

        At the end of the day when we stood outside the museum looking at the Los Angeles skyline side by side, it was a moment that I'd hold in my heart and memory forever. It may not have looked like much but it felt like a lot. It was the moment I knew I was willing to open my heart up to another person beside Courtney. It was when I accepted the fact that I like Kate and I want to be with her.

        When we got back to the apartment she asked if I wanted to help her make dinner. "Yeah, I'd love to. We must have spent all day there at that place." I said. "We did. But I had a lot of fun." When Kate took her sweater off it caught my attention. Those legs, that tiny waist. I just wanted to wrap my arms around her and hold her close to me.

        "Kurt could you help me get that baset from the top of the fridge?" Kate asked me. "Sure." I was about to reach for the basket when I got an idea. It might be the only chance I get to have her close so I put my hands on Kate's waist and lifted her up so she was tall enough to get the basket.

        She started laughing really hard. "Thank you! You're a lot better than my step stool!" when I put her down, she tripped on my foot and stumbled backwards into me. I caught her, my hands around her waist. The skin in between her blouse and shorts felt very soft and tempting.

        "Sorry. I'm a little clumsy." she said with a soft laugh. When she turned around I let go of her. We stood there, only inches apart, staring at each other. "Thanks for the lift." "Anytime."

        She set the basket down and started to pull things out of the fridge to start cooking with. I didn't want her to feel awkward after what just happened so I changed the subject. "How long have you been clean?" I asked. "About five months. I should probably be going back to work soon but I'm in no rush." Kate said.

        "You had to get clean before you can model again?" "Yeah. So I cleaned up and I can go back now but I kind of don't want to. I prefer to spend my time listening to music and watching Beavis and Butthead." Kate said. I laughed. "I watched that last night and I actually kind of liked it. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. And it was actually kind of nice to laugh for a change." I said.

        We continued our conversation and completely forgot about what happened. We had a nice meal together and ended the night listening to some old records she found at a garage sale. We didn't stop until we realized it was past one o'clock in the morning. "I thought you don't stay up late?" I asked. "I usually don't. This is a first." "Am I a bad influence on you?" Kate smirked. "Maybe I like bad."

        She got up from the floor and started to walk to her room. "I'm going to turn in. You okay on the couch?" "Yeah. I had really good sleep last night on it." I said. "Oh...I was thinking maybe you'd like to get in the bed with me since it'll be warmer." Kate said. "Oh...yeah, I suppose. If you don't mind?" she shook her head. "Not at all. With the thermostat being broken you might be able to keep me warm."

        I started to follow her to her bedroom when she put her hand on my chest. "Let me just put on my pajamas first." Kate said. "Oh right, me too." I laughed nervously and went back into the living room to change. I stripped down to my underwear and started to put on some pajama pants when I realized my boxers had a hole in them. I'd better put some nicer ones on just in case. I thought.

        When I had my pajamas on I went to her room and slowly pushed open the door a little. Kate was bending over putting some shorts on. When she heard the door creak, she looked up at me. "Oh, shit. I'm sorry. I'm an idiot. I should have knocked." I said. "No, it's alright, Kurt, come on in."

        She pulled her shorts up but I don't think I'll ever forget the way she looked in just her top and panties. I went over to the bed and got underneath the covers. "I'm really sorry for barging in like that." I said. Kate got in the bed next to me and laid her head on my chest. "It's fine, Kurt, really. It's not like I'm not used to men seeing me in my underwear."

        I put my arm around her and she laid there with nearly on top of me. "Kate." "Yeah?" she asked. "Thank you."