Hero Notes: Izuku's Entrees

To be honest? I'm not completely satisfied with this chapter that much. The end I actually really like, but there's a few rough patches in the middle. I rewrote it like 3 times, and it's still not perfect. The whole chapter is long winded, and frankly, kinda cringy.

So I'll tell you what; I'm not willing to delete any of what I wrote because I think it's important to my story and background building, but not all of it is crucial to the plot. So I propose a compromise:

I am going to underline the passages that are not pivotal to the plot and can be skipped. Sorry for the inconvenient set up. Feel free to jump over those sections.

___________________________________

    Entree's from Izuku Midoriya's most recent journal:

    August 4th 4:27 pm (Midoriya)

    I can't believe this is our 13th journal. I mean, we've only been away from "Home" for like 6 months, and we've already managed to blow through 12 books. And, it's all entirely your fault.

However, I've got to hand it to you. I found my last journal torn to shreds, on the ground, meticulously puzzled together to spell "Fuck you". That's really, really creative, Izuku.

This is why, when we were one, I was the one who came up with the plans.

    August 5th 9:04 am (Izuku)

Personally, I happen to think my plan was brilliant. Plus, it seemed to work like a charm! Anyway, I'm just as smart as you. Insulting me is the same as insulting yourself.

    I know that you're just being careless (cause that's kind of what you do), but seriously; I found popcorn kernels in the sink. Those could break the disposal, and then I'd have to call a handy-man to come and fix it. First off, we can't afford that. And second, do you really want an outsider inside our house?

    Next time, just put them in the trash. Okay?

    I seriously don't understand how I live with you. You're useless.

    August 7th 9:55 pm (Midoriya)

Okay, what the fuck? I've been asleep for 3 days. Should we see a doctor or something? I mean, I know we can't. But c'mon. What's happening?

Also, for the record, I would just like to point out the fact that you called me "useless", thus calling yourself "useless" as well.

    "Insulting me is the same as insulting yourself,"...a wise man once wrote to me in a letter. (See what I did there? By complimenting you, I just complimented myself >:))

But on a more serious note... There's this feeling in my stomach. It hurts. I think that I'm... getting worried?

    Izuku—I was asleep for 3 days.
That's not how our Quirk works. At the most, we shift after 24 hours. Never 72.

    And now I'm getting nervous.

    I can't get nervous. It's literally impossible. I haven't been worried since the day our Quirk manifested. Is there something wrong with us?

August 8th 1:05 am (Midoriya?)

My head is pounding, like my brain cells are about to burst. Something is definitely wrong.

I'm in the dark, and I can barely see the paper, but this needs to be recorded: My hands are shaking and there are tears in my eyes. My name is Izuku Midoriya and my life is fucked.