Poisonous White Flowers- ZelkPvP #4

Request: @Alexis_moontalons (You are a legend for coming up with all of these ideas bro- thank you <3 I hope this was a little like what you wanted ^^)

Again, credits to @Faded-Red they are also literal god I swear- Go check them out pls, oki thank you. (They drew the picture it's 👌👌👌)

This is an AU of SoulSeeking, and to comply with the request we're going to have the two go through the process of meeting each other and Zelk recruiting Mega already. Mega just has really hard to access emotions because writing emotionless characters is so hard Faded how do you do it- (Skeppy, a6d, Bad, and Dream haven't encountered them at all)

Also, because we demand it: Zelk and Mega are soulmates. (ZelkPvP is food for my own soul. If your soulmate is hurt, you would see it in the form of flowers on their body and some actual blood there too).

I wanted to add that none of the stuff I write from Faded's AU is canon- just for the record.

--

Zelk likes to keep his forest in order.

It was a known fact, considering it earned said forest a deathly myth for a background.

So, sometime in winter when he was going for a walk to see what was happening, he felt something strange. Sensing the lifeforms in the forest was a little knack he mastered early on in his job as a guardian. So, what in the world was faintly pulsing at the very edge? It was flickering, a sign of pain.

Immediately setting off in that direction to find out what it was, Zelk was partly excited, and partly dreading what was to come when he saw the splatters of blood trailing around in a vague zig-zag pattern. (There were some odd flower sprouting around them too, wonder what that's about?)

Did that come from the entity? How did they manage to get in and out without him noticing? Did they mean harm? Too many questions, and they all needed to be answered. They were vital to protect what he had to, right? What hurt this being anyway? Zelk was so infatuated with the fact that this being that his focus was slowly narrowing itself to only the little ball of light that represented its existence.

Glittering snow fell off branches as he walked. He doesn't know if that's his feelings, affecting his surroundings or just gravity doing its work. He doesn't care because a prick of unsettlement worms its way into his chest. He had been walking for a decent amount of time, and the blood was only getting fresher and more plentiful. If Zelk was being honest, he had absolutely no clue why he was more worried rather then questioning their threat to him and his forest.

Wait.

This could be a trap! Oh, that would make so much more sense, it was the one thing he was missing from this puzzle. Lure the guardian out of his forest, with a blood trail so you can injure him and proceed to do whatever you want to his territory. Yeah, that's not happening, not today. A cheap trick and he wouldn't fall for it.

But now, the question falls to what was he going to do about it? Should he ignore it? Let the thing die? Or, should he keep following it? Continue with caution? Maybe even...help...it? Weird. Why was he giving this decision so much thought? Never before had he felt so strongly the urge to save something he didn't know.

He wanted to make an offhand comment to himself that the crimson looked exquisite on the pure white snow, but he let it go in favor of the fact that he disagreed with the particular statement. Maybe it was the entity that was hurt itself casting some sort of wacky spell, but seeing their blood scattered on the forest floor, fresh as ever and slowly turning a darker maroon felt wrong. It felt out of place and irregular, as if someone were to stick a rock in a smoothly working cog machine. Even if it was crushed by the metal, it still interrupted the process for a little.