Not-So-Private Vacation

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters or the art. All the characters are the property of Haruichi Furudate. All the art is the property of the various artists. Author-chan out!

Iwaizumi's POV

"Are you sure you want to vacation there?"

"Yes."

"If you say so," Tsukishima Kei, captain of a small charter boat, said. "Your choice. I'm just saying, a lonely empty island in the middle of the Caribbean Sea would not be my first choice for a vacation spot."

"I like it," Iwaizumi Hajime said. "It's quiet and peaceful. And I can surf all I want. I'll train for my next surfing competition and have fun."

"Well, it's your time and money you're spending," Tsukishima said dubiously.

"Tsukki! Be nice," his first mate, Yamaguchi Tadashi, chided. Tsukishima humphed and looked away. Iwaizumi disdained to respond.

He picked up his gear and got into the boat. Tsukishima nodded and got behind the steering wheel. Iwaizumi had paid them to take him to Seijoh Island for his vacation.

Hajime turned his face up to the sky. He smiled into the ocean breeze.

This is going to be a great trip, he thought happily. No distractions, no irritations. Just me, the sea, and my surfboard.

After several hours, they arrived. Yamaguchi and Iwaizumi loaded his gear onto the empty dock. Tsukishima remained at the ship's helm.

"Do you know where the rental cabin is?" Yamaguchi asked Hajime.

"Yeah," he replied. "Just past those sand dunes. You can head on back, it's okay. I can take all this stuff back to the cabin myself."

"That would be good, we have a whale-watching cruise for tourists coming up soon," Tsukishima put in saltily.

"Are you sure?" Yamaguchi asked worriedly.

"Yeah, it's fine," Iwaizumi assured him. "Go ahead. I can handle this by myself."

"Well, if you're sure..." Yamaguchi got onto the boat. Hajime smiled and waved. Tsukishima steered the ship away from the dock as Yamaguchi politely waved back.

Iwaizumi heaved a sigh of relief as soon as they were gone. Other people are all well and good, but sometimes you just need a break from social interaction.

He smiled to himself and bent down to get his stuff. Well, that's what I'm getting. I'm the only person for fifty miles in any direction.

He got to the rental cabin and surveyed it with interest. It was a very picturesque house, with white washed walls, shell patterned floors, and all the modern amenities like air conditioning, showers, and a full refrigerator.

Once all his luggage was stored inside the cabin, he flopped onto the couch with a sigh of relief. He didn't stay there for long, however. "I didn't come here to lay around. I came here to surf!" He grabbed his surfboard and took off. The cabin was very close to the beach, so he wasted no time heading into the water.

He surfed for several hours. These are some of the best waves I've ever caught, he thought cheerfully.

He headed back to the shore once darkness fell. "I'll go night-surfing some other time, I'm tired," he said through a yawn. He chuckled. "Talking to myself? Eh, why not?"

He ate a simple dinner of fresh mangoes, papaya, and cooked broccoli, plantains, and squash before going to bed.

I love private vacations, he thought cheerfully as he fell asleep.