Catering 2.0

The doors dinged their arrival, but she stood silently within for a moment longer, not know what to expect. After all, when the Devil texts you, asking you to dress up and be at his penthouse for seven, a person was bound to get suspicious. Still, despite his wonderfully vague text, she had done as instructed. In fact, she’d gone above and beyond her normal level of dressing up for him, more afraid to be under-dressed than over. After all, she knew Lucifer. If she was overdressed, it was completely his style to hop into his room and change into a full-on tux to be the same level of overdressed as her.

“Hello?” she called out softly, taking a tentative step out of the elevator. Her eyes scanned the area and she looked out through the windows to his patio, but it seemed to have no signs of life either. “Lucifer? Are you here?” she asked, her voice getting a little louder. Still, she was greeted with silence.

With a deep sigh, she stepped all the way into his apartment and was about to call out a tease about his being a lousy host when something caught her eye. She turned more fully towards the doorway into his room and moved closer, placing her clutch on the corner of the piano on the way through. Laid out on two wheeled trolleys by his bed was a wide variety containers and platters, but it wasn’t until she got closer that she realized what it all was and she nearly moaned as everything clicked into place. There were several pies topped with whipped cream in addition to several aerosol tins of Redi-whip. There was also an assortment of plastic bottles, such as chocolate syrup, a bottle of strawberry coulis, honey, caramel sauce, a jar of Fluff and several cartons of Ambrosia custard.

She whimpered and felt her thighs tremble at the thought, but the sight of the lidded silver platter had her attention now. Biting her lip, she reached out and her fingers closed around the bulbous handle. She was just about to lift it off the plate when a warm hand wrapped around her wrist, making her jump in surprise and the lid clatter back into place. When she looked up at Lucifer, she wanted to blast him for scaring the living daylights out of her, but the naughty smirk on his face killed off any comment she was about to make.

“That’s a surprise for later, darling,” he whispered before stepping around the service cart and tugging her into his arms. She didn’t have to be told twice; she curled her arms around his waist and responded to his deep kiss with a hum of pleasure, enjoying the way he nipped on her lower lip for a moment before tilting his head to kiss the side of her neck. “You look sensational, Detective,” he said, purring her title in her ear in a way that made her shiver with anticipation. She grinned to herself as she thought about the outfit she had put together: a shimmery satiny cocktail dress in scarlet red, just for him. Pair that with her black thigh highs, black pumps and her smoky eyes and he looked just about ready to pounce on her.

“You look pretty amazing yourself!” she said, running her finger down one of his lapels, his black suit in stark contrast with the white shirt he wore beneath it. She leaned back and stared up at him with a little smile. “What exactly is all this about?” she asked, indicating the shelves of sweets and desserts behind her, although she knew full well what he intended to do with them. Her mind still reeled as she thought back to the mess they had made of her kitchen and the amazing sex they’d had as a result. That had been several months ago now, on the eve of the annual picnic. It was barely a month later when Lucifer had spent the night showing her the pleasures that giving up control could bring. After that, she hadn't wanted to sneak around anymore. When he'd confessed his love for her, she knew right then and there that she wanted everyone to know he was taken and he was hers!